We have lost a great soul

  • pluker4856
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012
      http://www.webcemeteries.com/tributes/default.asp?Id=5070572

      Our dear friend, Mandy Rogers, a great Mississippi advocate for children with disabilities is grieving the passing of her son, Nate Rogers, who died yesterday at age 28. We rejo
      ice with her for the time she had with Nate and for the lessons that Nate was able to teach her and so many others during his too short time on earth. We grieve with her at her loss and assure her that we and thousands of others will forever remember Nate and the gifts he shared while he was alive. We ask that you keep Mandy and her family in your thoughts and prayers today, tomorrow and in the months and years to come as they begin the process of learning to live life without the pillar that Nate was to them.

      Natchez Trace Funeral Home and Cemetery

      Nathan McCool "Nate" Rogers 28 of Gluckstadt passed away at home on December 11, 2012. Visitation is at Broadmoor Baptist Church on Thursday December 13 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. and from 10:00 a.m. until the 11:00 a.m. service on Friday, December 14, also at Broadmoor Baptist Church. Burial will follow at Natchez Trace Memorial Park Cemetery in Madison. Nate was born on August 28, 1984 and lived his entire life in Madison County. Nate is survived by his parents, Mandy and Paul Rogers, brother Ben, maternal grandfather, Douglas Card of Indianola, paternal grandmother, Sarah Rogers of Jackson, his long-time companion and care-giver, Stephanie Brown and a host of aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Nathan was a member of Broadmoor Baptist Church and was a 2005 graduate of Madison Central High School where he was an active member of The Key Club. Nate never met a stranger and he touched the lives of everyone he met. He was a long-time participant in the Ridgeland Challenger Baseball League and in recent years began participation in Mississippi Special Olympics, competing at the local, state and national levels in softball, bowling and bocce. He was a participant in programs through The Mustard Seed and attended its day program since graduating from high school. He also participated in TOPP Soccer and Hoops Basketball through Ridgeland Recreation and Parks. Nathan loved painting pottery and ceramics from The Mustard Seed and delighted in giving his art work to others. His generosity and thoughtfulness were among his best qualities. In lieu of flowers, please make memorials to The Mustard Seed, 1085 Luckney Road, Brandon, MS 39047 or to Area 8 Special Olympics, P.O. Box 2121, Madison, MS 39130.