Series of stories on seclusion in the OH press

  • Sandy Alperstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2012
      This article is about seclusion rooms (there are fewer news stories on seclusion vs. restraints, so this is important to read and share). It focuses on misuse and the harm that use of seclusion causes children. As parents, we need to stay vigilant in our own schools, since I'm sure this isn't only happening in Ohio! (In fact, we know through news media about the so-called "scream rooms" in CT.)  (This is the first in a series of reports, so stay tuned.)
      Sandy Alperstein, Illinois
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, Our Children Left Behind (http://www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com) (special education advocacy volunteers on a national level); Special Kids, Special Families (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/specialkidsspecialfamilies) (volunteers providing support, education, and advocacy for families with special needs in the NW suburban Chicago area)