RESTRAINT/SECLUSION HEARING POSTPONED TILL JULY 12 10AM (LOC TBD)

  • Sandy Alperstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2012
      Hi, all!  Due to a conflict in schedule, the Senate Hearing on the Keeping All Students Safe Act has been postponed till July 12 (see notice below).  This gives us more time to make our voices heard in support of this federal law that would protect kids in school!  Please use this additional time to call, fax, write and/or email your federal legislators and ask them to protect kids by passing this law!

      NOTICE:

      Attached you will find a notice about the postponement of the hearing on Thursday, July 12th.   The reason for the postponement is the 10:00 announcement from the Supreme Court regarding the Affordable Care Act.  The hearing has been rescheduled for July 12th at 10:00 a.m. with the same witnesses.  Please share this widely.  If you have questions, please let me know.

      Michael Gamel-McCormick
      Education and Disability Policy Advisor
      Chairman Tom Harkin
      Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
      615 Senate Hart Office Building
      w- (202) 224-7692
      c-  (302) 367-4282

      Subject: Revised Hearing Notice HELP Committee 7.12.2012

      ** Please note the date and time change. Location still TBD. **

      COMMITTEE ON HEALTH, EDUCATION, LABOR
      AND PENSIONS

      HEARING NOTICE

      To:             All Committee Members

      Title:           Beyond Seclusion and Restraint:  Creating Positive Learning Environments for All Students

      Date:          Thursday, July 12, 2012

      Time:          10:00 a.m.

      Place:          TBD

                                                                         Chung Shek
      Chief Clerk

      June 25, 2012

      Evan Griffis
      Deputy Chief Clerk
      Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
      428 Dirksen Senate Office Building
      202-224-5375
      Sandy Alperstein, Illinois
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, Our Children Left Behind (http://www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com) (special education advocacy volunteers on a national level); Special Kids, Special Families (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/specialkidsspecialfamilies) (volunteers providing support, education, and advocacy for families with special needs in the NW suburban Chicago area)