Waivers of NCLB Threaten Participation of Students with Disabilities

  • Sandy Alperstein
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2012
      Please read this excellent piece from Candace Cortiella of The Advocacy Institute explaining how the wave of state waivers from NCLB provisions being granted by the U.S. Department of Education threaten the participation and accountability for our kids:

      Sandy Alperstein, Illinois
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, Our Children Left Behind (http://www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com) (special education advocacy volunteers on a national level); Special Kids, Special Families (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/specialkidsspecialfamilies) (volunteers providing support, education, and advocacy for families with special needs in the NW suburban Chicago area)