OCLB Core Principles

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2011
      Following are some core principles that our team has agreed upon...please join us in making these a reality for all kids!
      Our Children Left Behind believes the following:
      1.   The provision of a free appropriate public education is an essential civil right for all Citizens of the United States of America.
      ·         Education allows individuals to

      ·         Access essential information;

      ·         Listen to understand;

      ·         Communicate to be understood;

      ·         Demonstrate knowledge;

      ·         Learn about the importance of currency and fair trade to make good personal economic decisions;

      ·         Consider healthy living decisions; and

      ·         Accentuate and nurture areas of personal strength to most successfully live in and contribute to a democratic society.
      2.   The provision of special education supports and services is needed by some people to make the realities of education possible for all Citizens of the United States.
      3.   If there are any Citizens of the United States who have a desire to vote based on an understanding of the choices before them but who lack the appropriate education to do so, then the education status quo has overwhelmingly failed those Citizens.

      Sandy, Illinois
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, http://www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com (IDEA reauthorization)