OSERS Webinar (incl Q & A) on education, employment for people w/disabilities

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2010

      Please join us Wednesday, July 14, from 1:00-2:30 p.m. (Eastern), for the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services’ inaugural Webinar, “OSERS Roadmap: Charting the Course.”

      Education professionals across the country are boosting their efforts to provide all students with a world class education—goals anchor these efforts.  In schools across the nation, goals take the form of increased expectations for student achievement, teacher practice, school and district leaders, and for family and community supports. Expectations in each of these areas are higher now than ever before.

      As expectations for students, schools and stakeholders are codified and enhanced nationwide, OSERS leadership have revised our goals to strengthen our commitment to improving outcomes for people with disabilities of all ages.  These goals reflect both the Department’s and OSERS’ mission and ongoing efforts to ensure equal opportunity and access to, and excellence in, education, employment and community living for people with disabilities. They highlight the supports OSERS programs and services provide to people with disabilities from birth through employment and after, and they represent a continued commitment to innovation, best practice and outcomes.

      As part of a continued effort to open new avenues for exchange and partnership, I would like to extend an invitation to join me, along with Lynnae Ruttledge, Commissioner of OSERS Rehabilitative Services Administration (RSA) and Acting Director of OSERS National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR), as well as Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) division directors Larry Wexler and Ruth Ryder for OSERS’ inaugural Webinar, “OSERS Roadmap: Charting the Course.”  During this session, we will outline OSERS goals and describe how our programs and services are helping us to achieve these goals.  Following the presentation, participants will have the opportunity to pose questions to OSERS leadership team.

      Please see information for how to join this event below.

      We hope you’ll join us.

      Alexa Posny, Ph.D.
      Assistant Secretary
      Office of Special Education
        and Rehabilitative Services

      How to Join OSERS’ July 14th Webinar

      Registration: Pre-registration is not required for this Webinar.  Information necessary for participation in the Webinar is available at http://ncrtm.org/mod/resource/view.php?id=2207.  Please carefully review information provided at this site to ensure your participation on the day of the Webinar.  The site is the entry point to the Webinar.

      Audio/Sound:  Audio for this Webinar will be available by Webcast over the Internet; therefore, please ensure that your computer speakers are attached, turned on and the volume is turned up for the Webinar. The site—which is accessible through the above link—includes instructions on accessing closed-captioning, and information for individuals using screen reader technology.   The site also provides the handouts, slides and the accessible version of the slides to be used during the Webinar.

      Q&A:  Participants can submit questions to OSERS leadership on-line by text at any time during the Webinar.

      Archive:  A complete recording of the Webinar will be made available at this site on July 15.

      Questions?   Please contact Terry Martin at 202-245-7275 or terrence.martin@... with any questions regarding access to this Webinar.

      Sandy, Illinois (alpy2@...)
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, Our Children Left Behind (http://www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com) (IDEA & NCLB reauthorization)