Tribute to Senator Kennedy

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2009

      We at Our Children Left Behind are deeply saddened to learn of the passing today of one of the greatest champions for children with disabilities, Senator Edward Kennedy.

      Senator Kennedy was a true hero to families during the IDEA reauthorization of 2003/2004, as well as throughout his long service in the U.S. Senate. He and his staff listened intently and understood our issues deeply. There is nobody in Washington D.C. who worked harder to assure that our children are not left behind than Senator Kennedy.  He was a true gentleman, powerful orator, and incredible leader in our nation and around the world.

      Our prayers and best wishes are with Senator Kennedy’s family and friends during this difficult time.

      The Our Children Left Behind Team
      Shari Krishnan, Tricia and Calvin Luker, Sandy Strassman-Alperstein, and Debi Lewis

      Sandy, Illinois (alpy2@...)
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, Our Children Left Behind (http://www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com) (IDEA & NCLB reauthorization)