PUBLIC COMMENTS NEEDED ASAP RE: IDEA ARRA FUNDING (QUICK & EASY!)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2009
      The US Dept of Education's Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) has requested that the Office of Management & Budget (OMB) approve their request for additional data to be provided by states with respect to their use of stimulus (ARRA) funding for special education.  Particular focus is on the districts' Maintenance of Effort (MOE) requirements and provision of early intervention services.

      We need as many supportive public comments as possible in case states argue that these data requirements are too burdensome.  Comments are needed ASAP!

      This page provides background as well as a sample comment and two email addresses (OSEP and OMB) to which to send your comments.  This only took me a minute or so to do, so please send your comments ASAP! Thanks!

      Sandy, Illinois (alpy2@...)
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, Our Children Left Behind (http://www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com) (IDEA & NCLB reauthorization)