Off Topic: Database of State Legislation on Autism

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008

      Although OCLB is devoted to issues surrounding IDEA reauthorization (and, as it affects students with disabilities, also NCLB reauthorization), we do now and then like to post information of a more general nature affecting families and students with disabilities.  In that spirit, we are posting this off topic item.

      From the AUCD Legislative News in Brief (12/1/08):

      Autism State Legislation Database

      The National Conference of State Legislators (NCSL) released an on-line legislative database to track autism bills for the 2008- 2009 legislative sessions.  The NCSL State Autism Legislative Database and Website were developed by NCSL under contract with Act Early Regional Summit Project at the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) and with funding from the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

      Sandy, Illinois (alpy2@...)
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, Our Children Left Behind (http://www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com) (IDEA & NCLB reauthorization)