ADA Amendments Act Resource (Off-Topic)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008

      Although OCLB is devoted to issues surrounding IDEA reauthorization (and, as it affects students with disabilities, also NCLB reauthorization), we do now and then like to post information of a more general nature affecting families and students with disabilities.  In that spirit, we are posting this “off topic” item.

      From the October 21, 2008 edition of the AUCD Legislative News in Brief:

      ADA Resources

      The Georgetown University Law Center has developed a website archive on the ADA: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/archiveada/. This site serves as a comprehensive, online archive of documents and history related to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA).  Here you can find the text of the law, legislative history, congressional hearings, Supreme Court cases, federal regulations, policy and advocacy documents and additional information related to the passage of the original ADA and the ADAAA. The majority of these documents are explained or cited in the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, an article by Chai Feldblum, Kevin Barry and Emily Benfer (click here to view documents as cited in the article).  The article also provides an overview and history of the ADA and ADAAA.

      Sandy, Illinois (alpy2@...)
      Volunteer Webmaster, www.OurChildrenLeftBehind.com (IDEA & NCLB reauthorization)