National Council on Learning Disabilities Side by Side of Candidates

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      In preparation for the election, the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) has created Education and the 2008 Presidential Election—Where the Candidates Stand, a side-by-side comparison of key topics of the education plans of both candidates to make sure you know where they stand on key education issues.  NCLD's goal is to provide insight into the essential aspects of their education platforms and the priorities that will drive their education agenda as an administration.  We hope you will exercise your right to vote and encourage others to research the education platforms of both candidates.

      NCLD eagerly awaits the next president of the United States so we can begin the process of working with the new administration to ensure the voices of people with learning disabilities are included over the next four years.  NCLD is in the process of developing a transition plan with a strong learning disabilities (LD) policy agenda to make sure that on the new president's first day in office, he is ready to work hard on behalf of the millions of Americans with LD and their families and communities.

      If you have questions regarding this resource, please contact our policy office at 202.546.0496.

      Please visit the On Capitol Hill section of our web site to learn more about NCLD's policy agenda and connect with additional NCLD resources.

      Sincerely,

      Laura Kaloi
      Director of Public Policy
      National Center for Learning Disabilities

      Sandy, Illinois (alpy2@...)
      Volunteer Webmaster, www.OurChildrenLeftBehind.com (IDEA & NCLB reauthorization)