ADA Amendments Act Update - Contact Your Senators!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10 7:47 PM
      This update on the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 is courtesy of the Chicago law firm of Monahan & Cohen.  As we've mentioned in the past, this bill would help end discrimination against students and adults with disabilities by expanding eligibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504, by overriding recent Supreme Court decisions that have unduly restricted access to the protections of these laws.  Please contact your federal Senators and ask them to act on this bill (which has already overwhelmingly passed the House) before they recess for the election!

      FROM MONAHAN & COHEN (www.monahan-cohen.com):

      S. 3406, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, will be moving forward in the Senate.  There will be an abbreviated September Senate session starting next week, and then Congress will recess for the election.  If the Senate bill passes, it will move to the House, which will then pass the same bill as a substitute.  To show your support for this bill, please contact your senator or representative by contacting them through www.thomas.gov .

      Sandy, Illinois (alpy2@...)
      Volunteer Webmaster, www.OurChildrenLeftBehind.com (IDEA & NCLB reauthorization)