NICHCY IDEA Training Module Available Online - Dispute Resolution

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2008
      Here’s the latest:
      NICHCY has just posted another training module online for the Building the Legacy training curriculum on IDEA, our nation’s special education law. The module includes PowerPoint slide shows to use in training sessions, a detailed discussion of IDEA for trainers, and handouts for audience participants.

      The subject this time?

      Module 18, Options for Dispute Resolution
      http://www.nichcy.org/training/contents.asp#ThemeE

      In drafting the provisions of IDEA, Congress clearly contemplated that, at times, there would be disagreements between parents of children with disabilities and the school districts providing special education and related services to their children. When such disagreements occur, parents and school districts can turn to IDEA’s procedural safeguards and dispute resolution options. Find out what those options are---there’s a new one, did you know?

      We hope you’ll find these training resources helpful in your work or personal life. As always, please feel free to call or email us with your disability-related concerns, or visit our Web site, at: www.nichcy.org.

      NICHCY
      P.O. Box 1492
      Washington, DC 20013
      1.800.695.0285 (V/TTY)