NICHCY IDEA 2004 Training Module - Discipline

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007
      Greetings to you from NICHCY, the National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities.

      We’d like to welcome in October by launching another training module on our nation’s special education law. This newest offering focuses on IDEA’s discipline procedures. Posted today, Key Issues in Discipline (Module 19) is available on our Web site at:

      http://www.nichcy.org/training/contents.asp

      As you may already know, the discipline procedures specified in the 1997 Amendments to IDEA have been streamlined in the 2004 Amendments. Module 19 will take readers and training audiences through those processes, providing a detailed look at the considerations that come into play when a child with a disability breaks a code of student conduct and becomes subject to disciplinary action by the school system. While many training audiences may be familiar with prior IDEA requirements, this module is not designed to require that knowledge or reference point. The module emphasizes what’s required now.

      We hope you’ll find this training resource helpful in your work or personal life. As always, please feel free to call or email us with your disability-related concerns, or visit our Web site, at: www.nichcy.org.

      NICHCY
      P.O. Box 1492
      Washington, DC 20013
      1.800.695.0285 (V/TTY)