NICHCY IDEA 2004 Training Module - Highly Qualified Teachers (HQT)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2007
      NICHCY is back in your email box with another training module on IDEA. This week, NICHCY is pleased to offer “Highly Qualified Teachers” (Module 7), available on our Web site at:

      http://www.nichcy.org/training/contents.asp#HQT

      This module looks in detail at IDEA’s new provisions requiring special educators to meet certain standards of  “highly qualified teachers” — HQT, for short. HQT is seen as integral to helping States to meet NCLB’s requirements for adequate yearly progress (AYP) and, above all, to improve results for our children with and without disabilities. Read all about it--and use the module to train others on HQT, if you’d like.

      We hope you’ll find these training resources helpful in your work or personal life. As always, please feel free to call or email us with your disability-related concerns, or visit our Web site, at: www.nichcy.org.

      NICHCY
      P.O. Box 1492
      Washington, DC 20013
      1.800.695.0285 (V/TTY)