NICHCY IDEA 2004 Training Module - Parentally Placed Private School Students

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2007

      Greetings again from NICHCY, the National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities. Can you believe it? We're back already, with another training module on IDEA to offer you.

      This time, NICHCY is pleased to let you know that "Children with Disabilities Enrolled by Their Parents in Private Schools" (Module 16) is available on our Web site at:

      http://www.nichcy.org/training/contents.asp#private

      When IDEA (the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, our nation's special education law) was amended recently, significant changes were made in its requirements with respect to parentally-placed private school children with disabilities. Those changes are having an impact on school districts and State educational agencies (SEAs), including who's responsible for deciding and paying for special education services for this group of children. Read all about it in our new module--and use the module to train others, if you'd like. Like all the other modules in the IDEA training curriculum, this one comes with a slide show, details for trainers, and handouts for participants.

      We hope you'll find these training resources helpful in your work or personal life. As always, please feel free to call or email us with your disability-related concerns, or visit our Web site, at: www.nichcy.org.

      NICHCY
      P.O. Box 1492
      Washington, DC 20013
      1.800.695.0285 (V/TTY)