NICHCY Training Module on IDEA 2004 Available (Overview of Key Changes in IDEA)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2007
      Here’s the latest news:  NICHCY has just posted another training module online for the Building the Legacy training curriculum on IDEA 2004. This one’s a biggie!

      Module 2, Overview of Key Changes in IDEA 2004
      http://www.nichcy.org/training/contents.asp#ThemeA

      This module summarizes what’s new or different in IDEA. There’s a lot to know—and, if you’re a trainer, to tell others. The module includes a PowerPoint slide show to use in training sessions, a detailed discussion of changes in IDEA for trainers, and handouts for audience participants.

      Wondering about the 2004 date? No, the info we’re offering isn’t old! IDEA, our nation’s special education law, is only reauthorized by Congress once or twice in a decade. Federal regulations for IDEA 2004 were just published in 2006 and will be with us for many years to come. So these training materials are not only extremely current, they are also an exceptional and authoritative source of information on the law itself, its 2006 implementing regulations, and practice in the field.

      In all, 19 modules on critical IDEA topics are planned. With this newest posting, 8 are already available. We’re working as fast as we can and will be sure to write you the moment that more modules are posted on our site. The next one will be very soon—Module 1, The Top 10 Basics of Special Education.

      We hope you’ll find these training resources helpful in your work or personal life. As always, please feel free to call or email us with your disability-related concerns, or visit our Web site, at: www.nichcy.org.

      NICHCY
      P.O. Box 1492
      Washington, DC 20013
      1.800.695.0285 (V/TTY)