(no subject)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2007
      Now that federal IDEA reauthorization (IDEA 2004) is complete, states are gearing up to amend their special education laws in response to federal changes.  The Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA - http://www.copaa. org ) has put together some guidance for folks in their state level advocacy efforts.  It is important that we try to maintain state law protections for students with disabilities wherever possible.

      Suggestions for state level advocacy, as well as an explanation of the interplay between federal and state regulations, can be found at the following link:  http://www.copaa. org/pdf/COPAASta teGuid_50707B. pdf .

      We have heard that LA, MI, and IL are currently in the process of revising their state regulations, and we imagine many other states will be doing so as well.

      Sandy, Illinois (alpy2@...)
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, www.OurChildrenLeftBehind.com (IDEA & NCLB reauthorization)

      See what's free at AOL.com.