IDEA 2004 Training Modules from NICHCY

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2007
      We received the following information and wanted to pass it along:

      We're writing to let you know that NICHCY has just posted three new training modules on IDEA 2004, the nation's special education law.  These are part of the IDEA 2004 training curriculum NICHCY is producing at the request of the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP). Each module includes a PowerPoint slide show to use in training sessions, detailed discussions of IDEA for trainers, and handouts for audience participants. The modules available for download, use, and sharing are:

      -- Disproportionality and Overrepresentation
      -- Introduction to Evaluation
      -- Initial Evaluation and Reevaluation

      All are available at:
      http://www.nichcy.org/training/contents.asp

      In all, 19 modules on critical IDEA topics will be available by Summer 2007. If you'd like to know when each new module becomes available online, take a moment and sign up at:
      http://www.nichcy.org/mod_signup.asp

      We hope you'll find these training resources helpful in your work or personal life. As always, please feel free to call or email us with your disability-related concerns, or visit our Web site, at: www.nichcy.org.

      NICHCY
      P.O. Box 1492
      Washington, DC 20013
      1.800.695.0285 (V/TTY)