IDEA Partnership Website/CEC IDEA 2004 Training Workshops

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2006

      Here’s the link for the IDEA Partnership’s website, with easy access to the IDEA statute, regulations, and other information:

      http://www.ideapartnership.org/index.cfm

      Also, the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is conducting IDEA 2004 Workshops. Here’s the information:

      What Do You Need to Know about the Final IDEA 2004 Regulations?

      Find Out at CEC's IDEA 2004 Regulations Workshops

      The IDEA Regulations are out, and CEC's IDEA 2004 Regulations Workshops will
      ensure that you are equipped to implement them-and help your students
      succeed. You'll learn what the regulations say and what you need to do
      about:

      Highly qualified teachers
      Identifying students with disabilities
      Procedural safeguards
      IEP and paperwork reduction
      Monitoring enforcement
      NCLB assessment & accountability
      Discipline, and more!

      CEC Is Bringing Its IDEA 2004 Regulations Workshop to a City Near You

      Chicago, IL -- October 17
      Orlando, FL -- October 31
      Colorado Springs, CO --November 6
      Garden Grove, CA -- November 8
      Dallas, TX -- November 17
      Seattle, WA -- November 28
      Boston, MA -- December 1
      Philadelphia, PA -- December 6
      Washington, DC -- December 7

      Space is limited! Register today.

      Go to the CEC Web site and download the registration form. Fax the form to
      703-264-9494.

      Or, call 1-888-CEC-SPED.

      1110 N. Glebe Road, Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22201-5704
      (P) 800.224.6830 (TTY) 866.915.5000 (F) 703.715.8412
      http://www.cec.sped.org/

      Finally, please note that we are sending things along to you shortly after they arrive to us.  Please note that not all of the OCLB team members may have had time to review the full contents. As you read through the materials, please be on the lookout for anything that may have a related bias. Not everything may be family-friendly. During IDEA reauthorization, it took a long time to figure out who were our friends and foes.  Now that materials related to the regulations are emerging, we are having to figure that out all over again. We would appreciate hearing and learning from you!

      Sandy, Illinois (alpy2@...)
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com (IDEA reauthorization)