OSEP Shake Up!!

  • DLewis0991@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2005

      OUR CHILDREN LEFT BEHIND

      MARCH 2, 2005

      OSEP SHAKE UP!!

      Our Children Left Behind has learned that Stephanie Lee, the Director of the US Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) stepped down from her job yesterday. Patty Guard has been named Acting Director of OSEP while Bill Wolf will be Acting Deputy Director, effective immediately.

      Parents and advocates must be even more vigilant as the rule-making activities continue within the US Department of Education. Stephanie Lee’s departure may signal still further movement away from the parent/advocate side and toward the school side as rules are promulgated. Only time will tell, but this might be a change for the worse for families.

      Our Children Left Behind [OCLB] was created and is owned/operated by parent volunteers (Shari Krishnan, Tricia & Calvin Luker, Sandy Strassman Alperstein, and Debi Lewis). Permission to forward, copy, and/or post this article is granted provided that it is unedited and attributed to the author(s) and www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com. For more about OCLB or to share information, please contact parentvolunteer@....