      HEARING NOTICE

      To:                All Committee Members
      Title:              Beyond Seclusion and Restraint:  Creating Positive Learning Environments for All Students
      Date:              Thursday, May 17, 2012
      Time:             10:00 a.m.
      Place:             SD-G50

      Lory Yudin
      Chief Clerk

      May 7, 2012

      COPAA is at the forefront of the push for Congress to pass legislation to end the use seclusion and other aversive interventions upon children with disabilities in our nation’s schools, and significantly limit the use of restraint.  Every child is entitled to be treated with dignity and respect. No child with a disability should be subjected to abusive treatment under the guise of providing educational services. For more information visit our website at Keep All Students Safe at School

      Denise Marshall, Executive Director
      Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, Inc. (COPAA)
      cmyk
      Your national voice for special education advocacy
      PO Box 6767
      Towson, MD 21285
      (P) 410-372-0208
      (F) 410-372-0209