Where Are They Now ? SNOT

  • dallott
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2001
      Just spent a couple of weeks in Ireland, and whilst over there happened to
      see that Noel Redding was playing in that hugely famous (not!) rock venue :
      De Barra's Bar in Clonakilty. Went along to pay homage and was amazed to see
      the man who played to half a million at Woodstock playing to around 50 in a
      little Cork town whilst wearing slippers!

      Having said that, he and his band were tremendous and played some covers you
      don't normally hear, like I Can Hear The Grass Grow, Love The One You're
      With (another Woodstock connection), along with a fair slice of Nick Lowe
      and Dave Edmunds' back catalogues. Right at the end we got Hey Joe - I
      suppose he had to do one Hendrix number, and excellent it was too.

      Has anybody else seen someone recently that we didn't know was still alive ?

      Dave
    • Bill Green.
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2001
        In the last few months I have seen the following, and can confirm
        that they are all still alive:-

        Max Splodge (from Splodgenessabounds)
        Buster Bloodvessel (from Bad Manners)
        Shaking Stevens
        Alvin Stardust
        Gary Bushell
        Mutley McLadd (from the Macc Lads)
        Eddie Tenpole (from Tenpole Tudor)
        Lemmie (from Motorhead)

        On a fairly similar vein, if you were to enter a sweepstake on next
        one to kick the bucket, who would you be best pleased you picked from
        the following?

        Queen Mum, George Harrison, The Pope, Princess Margaret, Ronnie Biggs
        or Michael Barrymore (is it just me who wishes he'd 'top himself'?)

        Billy

      • RoslynUK@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2001
          Hey Billy !!!!!!

          We saw ALL the Jordinaires & Sweet Inspiration & (almost) Elvis at Wembley too !!!

          Smile

          Roslyn xx

        • bogart
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2001
            Hey,
            t'other week saw John Otway who used be part of the hit making duo Otway &
            Barrett here in Sunny Macc.........

            2 many Becks :)

            http://shopnow.netscape.com/

            http://webmail.netscape.com/

          • David Silverman FLAHN
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2001
              If you've seen Gary Bushell, why is he still alive?

              "
[...]
              " >
              " > Dave
              "
              "
              "
              " ************************************************************************
              " http://www.otway.co.uk/ For current Otway live dates.
              "
              " http://www.doremi.co.uk/otway/chat.html Real time Otway chat.
              " The best time to meet Otway: Wednesday nights at 8pm (UK time)
              "
              " To Unsubscribe email to: Otway-unsubscribe@egroups.com
              "
              " ************************************************************************
              "
              " Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              "
              "
            • Bev Chester
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3, 2001
                That is very, very naughty!! ......... but funny:))))))
                Regards
                Bev

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 3, 2001
                  Oi.

                  You lot leave my mate alone, or I'll thscream and thscream until I'm
                  sick.

                  Just William