and I think it must be the best song I've ever heard

  • Bob Dunning
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 1999
      >How about some discussion on the list about peoples favourite Otway
      >songs/incidents/reviews/cockups ;-)

      I know this is a bit dull an answer, but after all the many John Otway gigs
      I've been to, my favourate moment is still when all the crowd yells 'more'
      the lights dim, John comes back on stage, and someone shouts, 'not you, more
      *beer*' ... but unperturbed John sings 'Geneve' anyway usually solo in
      the spotlight. It's never failed to be a great moment, it's such a great
      song.

      I'm (sadly) old enough for me to remember it following up 'the hit', and
      like millions of others, I didn't buy it, but unlike anyone else I knew, I
      thought it was the best song on the radio. My memory is the ' Hairy
      Cornflake ', playing it on the breakfast show and trying to explain irony to
      the listeners.

      I still can't wait to hear it every show.

      Cheers , Bob.