Re: [[Otway] Re: Guildford Civic Centre]

  • Roslyn Collett
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 1906
      Hi Julian (wow another one from Camberley !!!!!!!)

      I know what you mean about Guildford Civic Centre but, having been to Naughty
      Rhythms gig at Alresford last night, there is no way that anyone (not even
      Guildford Civic Centre) could make that audience sit down and do without beer
      !!!!!!!!

      Roslyn

      For me the highspot of the evening was John singing Born to be Wild with the
      Hamsters - pure magic.

      "julian.ledbrook" <jledbrook@...> wrote:

      > MIME Type:�multipart/alternative
      Guildford Civic Centre is the worst place I've ever seen any band. I don't
      know if it's the venue or the clientele, but I'd never see any band there
      again, it's too depressing, everyone having to sit down, and no beer allowed
      in the auditorium. I'd recommend seeing John (with or without the band)
      anywhere though, so catch him in Bracknell, and whenever he plays anywhere
      but the Civic Hall!

      Julian
      (from Camberley)

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2000
        Not all gigs at the Civic Centre (ne Hall) are all-seater or with
        restrictions on alcohol in the auditorium. I went to a fine gig there by The
        Damned a couple of Halloweens ago where there was neither a seat or sober
        person in sight.

        Kevin
      • Plowman, Sally
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2000
          I'm considering either that or the Blackheath Halls gig, I know what the
          Civic's like but does anyone know what the Blackheath venue is like?

          Sally

          > Not all gigs at the Civic Centre (ne Hall) are all-seater or with
          > restrictions on alcohol in the auditorium. I went to a fine gig there by
          > The
          > Damned a couple of Halloweens ago where there was neither a seat or sober
          > person in sight.

          IMPORTANT: This email is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, you are on notice of its status. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by reply email or by telephoning Sanwa International plc's IT Helpdesk on +44 (20) 7330 0444. Then delete this email from your system. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person.

          Any views contained herein, express or implied, are those of the author and may not necessarily reflect those of Sanwa International plc. Sanwa International plc reserves the right to monitor all emails within its network. Email may be susceptible to virus infection, data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment. Sanwa International plc does not accept liability for any such infection, corruption, interception or amendment or the consequences thereof.