Idea for a campaign

  • Simon Stewart-Piercy
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 27, 2012
      Folks,

      This idea came to me today- could we petition the BBC to get our hero on Desert Island Disks?

      Just a thought

      Simon
    • SIMON MILES
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 27, 2012
        Fantastic idea, far too quiet on here recently.

        Here is the criteria for selecting Guests;

        How do you decide on who to invite on the programme?

        Castaways are people who’ve played a significant role in their field or in society and who have a story they’re happy to share, and who we feel will appeal to the Radio 4 audience.
        Lets face it these days most Otway fans are more Radio 4 than Radio 6 so tick in the box here

        All we need to do now is bombard this link with requests

        https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/contact

        Message Received: Jul 27 2012, 09:57 PM

        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 27, 2012
          That's my nomination sent!

          Simon

          On 27 Jul 2012, at 22:53, SIMON MILES <simon@...> wrote:

          > Fantastic idea, far too quiet on here recently.
          >
          > Here is the criteria for selecting Guests;
          >
          > How do you decide on who to invite on the programme?
          >
          > Castaways are people who�ve played a significant role in their field or in society and who have a story they�re happy to share, and who we feel will appeal to the Radio 4 audience.
          > Lets face it these days most Otway fans are more Radio 4 than Radio 6 so tick in the box here
          >
          > All we need to do now is bombard this link with requests
          >
          > https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/contact

          > Message Received: Jul 27 2012, 09:57 PM
          > From: "Simon Stewart-Piercy"
          > To: "Otway Otway List"
          > Subject: [Otway] Idea for a campaign
          >
          > Folks,
          >
          > This idea came to me today- could we petition the BBC to get our hero on Desert Island Disks?
          >
          > Just a thought
          >
          > Simon

        • ENSEMBLE Kent
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 27, 2012
            Done!

            ________________________________
            > Fantastic idea, far too quiet on here recently.
            >
            > Here is the criteria for selecting Guests;
            >
            > How do you decide on who to invite on the programme?
            >
            > Castaways are people who’ve played a significant role in their field or in society and who have a story they’re happy to share, and who we feel will appeal to the Radio 4 audience.
            > Lets face it these days most Otway fans are more Radio 4 than Radio 6 so tick in the box here
            >
            > All we need to do now is bombard this link with requests
            >
            > https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/contact

            > Message Received: Jul 27 2012, 09:57 PM
            > From: "Simon Stewart-Piercy"
            > To: "Otway Otway List"
            > Subject: [Otway] Idea for a campaign
            >
            > Folks,
            >
            > This idea came to me today- could we petition the BBC to get our hero on Desert Island Disks?
            >
            > Just a thought
            >
            > Simon

          • SIMON MILES
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 27, 2012
              Just sent mine

              Message Received: Jul 27 2012, 11:00 PM
              From: "Simon Stewart-Piercy"
              To: Otway@yahoogroups.com

              That's my nomination sent!

              Simon

              On 27 Jul 2012, at 22:53, SIMON MILES wrote:

              > Fantastic idea, far too quiet on here recently.
              >
              > Here is the criteria for selecting Guests;
              >
              > How do you decide on who to invite on the programme?
              >
              > Castaways are people who�ve played a significant role in their field or in society and who have a story they�re happy to share, and who we feel will appeal to the Radio 4 audience.
              > Lets face it these days most Otway fans are more Radio 4 than Radio 6 so tick in the box here
              >
              > All we need to do now is bombard this link with requests
              >
              > https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/contact

              > Message Received: Jul 27 2012, 09:57 PM
              > From: "Simon Stewart-Piercy"
              > To: "Otway Otway List"
              > Subject: [Otway] Idea for a campaign
              >
              > Folks,
              >
              > This idea came to me today- could we petition the BBC to get our hero on Desert Island Disks?
              >
              > Just a thought
              >
              > Simon

            • David Jones
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 27, 2012
                And another one.

                Dave J

              • Scrooge736@aol.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 28, 2012
                  Cracking idea

                  Mark

                • Scrooge736@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 28, 2012
                    Done

                    Mark

                    On 27 Jul 2012, at 23:18, ENSEMBLE Kent <johnty.kent@...> wrote:

                    > Done!
                    >
                    > ________________________________

                  • Simon Stewart-Piercy
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 28, 2012
                      Just in case some of you don't know-

                      A few years ago I made a John Otway voice for the Tom Tom sat navs.

                      It can be downloaded using the Tom Tom software on your computer, or drop me a line and I'll email it to you.

                      Regards,

                      Simon

                      On 28 Jul 2012, at 08:30, "Scrooge736@..." <SCROOGE736@...> wrote:

                      > Done
                      >
                      > Mark
                      >
                      > On 27 Jul 2012, at 23:18, ENSEMBLE Kent <johnty.kent@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Done!
                      > >
                      > > ________________________________

                    • Malcolm Johnson
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 28, 2012
                        And another!

                        Malcolm.

                        On 27 Jul 2012, at 23:18, ENSEMBLE Kent <mailto:johnty.kent%40btopenworld.com> wrote:

                        > Done!
                        >
                        > ________________________________

                      • Pam Ireland
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 28, 2012
                          It's brilliant, Simon...been using it for years and wouldn't want any other voice on there! Many thanks!

                          Sent from my iPad

                          On 28 Jul 2012, at 09:03, Simon Stewart-Piercy <simon@...> wrote:

                          > Just in case some of you don't know-
                          >
                          > A few years ago I made a John Otway voice for the Tom Tom sat navs.
                          >
                          > It can be downloaded using the Tom Tom software on your computer, or drop me a line and I'll email it to you.
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          >
                          > Simon
                          >
                          > On 28 Jul 2012, at 08:30, "Scrooge736@..." <SCROOGE736@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Done
                          > >
                          > > Mark
                          > >
                          > > On 27 Jul 2012, at 23:18, ENSEMBLE Kent <johnty.kent@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > Done!
                          > > >
                          > > > ________________________________

                        • otway
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 10, 2012
                            Has anyone for a photo of the London Palladium sign advertising Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the night of the Hit?

                            Cheers

                            Otway
                          • SIMON MILES
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 10, 2012
                              Please clarify which hit are you referring to?

                              Simon

                              Message Received: Aug 10 2012, 09:51 AM
                              From: "otway"
                              To: Otway@yahoogroups.com
                              Subject: [Otway] Palladium photo

                              Has anyone for a photo of the London Palladium sign advertising Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the night of the Hit?

                              Cheers

                              Otway

                            • James Edge

                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 5, 2012
                                  Hi there,

                                  Has everyone contacted R4 about Desert Island Disks yet?

                                  Here's the link just in case:

                                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/contact

                                  Simon

                                • patsy andrews
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 6, 2012
                                    Hi Simon, thanks for reminding everyone. I have contacted them recently, but not heard anything back. Fingers crossed !

                                    Patsy

                                    To: Otway@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 7, 2012
                                      I went there to put my vote in but I'm not convinced it sent. Something to do with my computer not allowing cookies I think. I'm really disappointed I gave lots of good reasons.

                                      I imgine that even on an abandoned desert island Otway would be there performing to the lobsters and cuttlefish.

                                      Bob

                                      --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, patsy andrews <patricia_london@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi Simon, thanks for reminding everyone. I have contacted them recently, but not heard anything back. Fingers crossed !
                                      >
                                      > Patsy
                                      >

                                      > To: Otway@yahoogroups.com
                                      > From: simon@...
                                      > Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 07:38:14 +0100
                                      > Subject: Re: [Otway] Idea for a campaign
                                      >

                                      > Hi there,
                                      >
                                      > Has everyone contacted R4 about Desert Island Disks yet?
                                      >
                                      > Here's the link just in case:
                                      >
                                      > https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/contact
                                      >
                                      > Simon

                                    • Eddie Armstrong
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 24, 2012
                                        Done - better late than never...

                                        Eddie Armstrong ACMA
                                        Financial Controller / IT Manager
                                        DDI Tel: +44 (0)1628 504981
                                        Fax: +44 (0)1628 504901
                                        eddie.armstrong@...<mailto:eddie.armstrong@...>
                                        This idea came to me today- could we petition the BBC to get our hero on Desert Island Disks?

                                        Just a thought

                                        Simon

                                        MaST International Group Limited

                                        Hermitage House, Bath Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 0AR

                                        Tel: +44 (0)1628 784062

                                        Fax: +44 (0)1628 773061

                                        http://www.mast.co.uk<http://www.mast.co.uk/>

                                        Forthcoming Business Forum

                                        Have Values become optional...or are they integral to business success?
                                        September 26th - Novotel Tower Bridge, London

                                        ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
                                        This message and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, copy, alter or disclose the contents of the message. Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual writer and not necessarily those of MaST International Group Ltd, unless specifically stated otherwise. MaST International Group Ltd accept no responsibility for loss or damage from its use, including damage from virus.

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 27, 2012
                                          Hi All,
                                          Ali asked me to put this link on this group in case you didn't get a mail from the main list.See how you could sponsor and present an "otway" on Premiere day in 10 days time!
                                          http://www.otwaythemovie.com/theotways.html

                                          Cheers
                                          Mark

                                        • markwillett7@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Oct 1, 2012
                                            Hi All,

                                            Don't forget Otway is 60 tommorow so contact your favourite radio station and insist...sorry suggest....they acknowledge his outstanding career to date and play one of his tunes.,.....Oh and mention you are really looking forward to the premiere of his movie on Sunday.

                                            Only 6 more sleeps!

                                            Mark

                                            before printing this email

[...]

                                          • Trudi Johnson
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Oct 1, 2012
                                              Vanessa feltz has a birthday slot on her show - if loads if us emailed her then she might be right up for it....

                                              Sent from my iPhone

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                Good idea just done her show and chris evans.

                                                Mark

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                  Great idea Mark - Thanks for that !

                                                  Patsy