Shoreham

  • otway
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
      Hi

      Attila's doing his 30th Anniversary gigs this week and I'm special guest on Saturday 11th

      SHOREHAM Ropetackle Centre with special guests me and TV SMITH

      01273 464440

      details

      > http://www.ropetacklecentre.co.uk/products/saturday-11th-september-2010-attilas-30th-anniversary-gig/16173

      Cheers

      Otway

    • otway
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 17, 2010
        Been awhile since I got one as bad as this :-)

        http://thelinc.co.uk/2010/09/alternative-to-the-mainstream-at-shrewsbury-folk-festival/

        Cheers

        Otway
      • mapnala@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 17, 2010
          Who's ever heard of the Linc anyway...stupid woman! Was she not listening
          to the huge applause you got?
          :-)
          Pam

        • Karen Wintle
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 17, 2010
            Having been there for the whole weekend, I know that huge applause from the
            Shrewsbury crowd means nothing. Having abandoned their liberal (lack of)
            principles to shout left wing slogans along with Billy Brag, you could later
            have heard the screams of excitement at the unbelievably boring , middle of
            the road pap that graced the main stage on Saturday night from miles away.

            However, the Bellowhead fans waiting at the front ("We've just got to endure
            the next act [Otway] for an hour and they'll be on") certainly enjoyed
            Otway. The vast majority laughed quite a lot, bopped a bit to the music and
            generally thought it was "much better than we expected", although the woman
            in front of me blushed when Alan shouted a rude word and another another
            said nervously "Please tell me he doesn't take any more clothes off" after
            body talk.

            Considering there must have been well over 2000 Otway virgins in the tent I
            thought he went down pretty well. I endured 3 songs from Bellowhead before
            deciding there were much better things to do with the last hour of the
            festival and left.

            Cheers

            Karen

            > Who's ever heard of the Linc anyway...stupid woman! Was she not listening
            > to the huge applause you got?
            > :-)
            > Pam

            > Groups Links

            > 13:24:00

          • Janie Darley
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 18, 2010
              Hi Otway
              These folk freaks have no sense of humour; it has to be removed before they can
              stand around listening to that dull stuff.

              You rock Otway. You really, really rock.

              Lots of love, Janiex