SNOT Dr Feelgood Fans

  • Peter Curran
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 9, 2007
      Happy New Year Everyone...........

      happy new year everyone...........

      happy new year everyone.........

      Wow !! There's an echo in here. in here. in here.

      Anyway, there's a documentary about Dr Feelgood on Radio 2 this
      Saturday.

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/radio/wk3/sat.shtml#radio2

      Peter.
    • markwillett7@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 12, 2007
        Hi All,
        I know I don't post that often but I do read what everones up to.
        Whilst looking through my old cds I came accross my 1994 Chelsea F.A Cup cd featuring the webley team and Barry Upton(who penned it and played on it!) Is there no end to this mans talent??? I think I'll try and get it signed by him if he's there on Saturday.Really looking foreward to Sats' gig at 'Kitteridge Towers' What a great venue,hope loads can make it.
        About 2 years ago some of you were really helpful with suggestions for the 1st dance at my wedding.I ended up with 5 first dances,you belong to me,we rock and beware of the flowers (voting cd version).My other half had 2 rubbish songs that I've forgotten.I now need some help again.My wife is about to drop our 1st sprog(2 weeks time) and we are stuck for original exciting names beyond the "fashionable 3".If it's any help then the scan says it's a boy.Also any sensible advice on how I can avoid changing nappies,getting up in the middle of the night etc.gratefully received.
        If you are going Sat. I'll be the bald one who's drinking like it's the last night he'll have out in a long time due to pending parenthood.
        Thanks in anticipation,
        Mark Willett.

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 12, 2007
          Congratulations, Mark.
          How about Joseph Ian?

          Sleep well whilst you still can,
          Chris

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 12, 2007
            Hi
            There are various boys names within Otway songs such as; Joe, Jack,
            Rumpelstiltskin, Sydney and Willy.
            Can anybody think of any others? There must be loads more. I feel a new
            section coming on in the Otway Archive.

            cheers

            Dave J

            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 12, 2007
              Hi all,
              The Otway Archive has finally had the facelift I've been planning for ages.
              Now the new structure is in place I will be able to add things more easily.
              I just need to find the time.
              There is not much in the way of new content at the moment, but I hope to
              start adding some soon. One thing that has changed though is that I have had
              to start putting adverts on the site. I get paid every time someone clicks
              these ads, ($0.0002/click) so If you like my site and want to download any
              of the content please click an advert occasionally to help offset the costs
              of running it.
              Sorry about the blatant advert, but the annual bill for my hosting is due to
              arrive in a couple of months.

              cheers

              Dave J

            • patsy andrews
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 12, 2007
                Hi Mark

                Congratulations ! '

                I've always thought the name Jonathan is great :-)

                As to changing nappies and getting up in the middle of night, the first will
                earn you loads of 'brownie points' - and you may find that you (and the
                baby) really enjoy the middle of the night sessions ! all that bonding in
                the middle of night will be useful in about 17 years time..

                Good luck and best wishes to you both

                Love Patsy x

                >From: markwillett7@...
                >To: Otway@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [Otway] Barry Upton The Great,Saturday,and a baby
                >Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:38:52 -0500
                >
                > Hi All,
                >I know I don't post that often but I do read what everones up to.
                >Whilst looking through my old cds I came accross my 1994 Chelsea F.A Cup cd
                >featuring the webley team and Barry Upton(who penned it and played on it!)
                >Is there no end to this mans talent??? I think I'll try and get it signed
                >by him if he's there on Saturday.Really looking foreward to Sats' gig at
                >'Kitteridge Towers' What a great venue,hope loads can make it.
                >About 2 years ago some of you were really helpful with suggestions for the
                >1st dance at my wedding.I ended up with 5 first dances,you belong to me,we
                >rock and beware of the flowers (voting cd version).My other half had 2
                >rubbish songs that I've forgotten.I now need some help again.My wife is
                >about to drop our 1st sprog(2 weeks time) and we are stuck for original
                >exciting names beyond the "fashionable 3".If it's any help then the scan
                >says it's a boy.Also any sensible advice on how I can avoid changing
                >nappies,getting up in the middle of the night etc.gratefully received.
                >If you are going Sat. I'll be the bald one who's drinking like it's the
                >last night he'll have out in a long time due to pending parenthood.
                >Thanks in anticipation,
                >Mark Willett.

              • we_evill
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 12, 2007
                  Ok...where do I start.
                  First things first Mark - I have always found that feigning
                  unconsciousness is an invaluable tool when avoiding changing nappies.
                  There is only a limited ammount of time in which your significant
                  other can hassle you before they are forced into action themselves. If
                  you have a job like mine, this need not neccessarily apply to night
                  time only.
                  Names...well, I have a Joe and a Jack already (I played on the CD...)
                  I also have a Kariss, a Christy and an Edie.
                  I am no use to you there.
                  Whatever, I will buy you a celebration drink at the Riga, in or out...
                  By the way...Barrie is a Southampton season ticket holder.
                  Gun for hire, anybody?

                  --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, markwillett7@... wrote:

                  > Hi All,
                  > I know I don't post that often but I do read what everones up to.
                  > Whilst looking through my old cds I came accross my 1994 Chelsea F.A
                  Cup cd featuring the webley team and Barry Upton(who penned it and
                  played on it!) Is there no end to this mans talent??? I think I'll try
                  and get it signed by him if he's there on Saturday.Really looking
                  foreward to Sats' gig at 'Kitteridge Towers' What a great venue,hope
                  loads can make it.
                  > About 2 years ago some of you were really helpful with suggestions
                  for the 1st dance at my wedding.I ended up with 5 first dances,you
                  belong to me,we rock and beware of the flowers (voting cd version).My
                  other half had 2 rubbish songs that I've forgotten.I now need some
                  help again.My wife is about to drop our 1st sprog(2 weeks time) and we
                  are stuck for original exciting names beyond the "fashionable 3".If
                  it's any help then the scan says it's a boy.Also any sensible advice
                  on how I can avoid changing nappies,getting up in the middle of the
                  night etc.gratefully received.
                  > If you are going Sat. I'll be the bald one who's drinking like it's
                  the last night he'll have out in a long time due to pending parenthood.
                  > Thanks in anticipation,
                  > Mark Willett.

                • Dave Kitteridge
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 13, 2007
                    More like "Cloppa Castle"!! See you Saturday.
                    Dave

                    "Really looking foreward to Sats' gig at 'Kitteridge Towers' What a great venue,hope loads can make it."

                  • twistedangel_cruella
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 13, 2007
                      Hi Mark,

                      Firstly congratulations on your impending fatherhood. One tip on picking names and that is to see how the chosen name sounds with your surname ( I had some friends whose surname was Cole and were considering the name Kay for their daughter until they put the two together!) You could always buy a book on baby names (or borrow one from the library if buying things for the new arrival has left you short of cash)
                      With regards to Richards idea of feighning unconsciousness, I always found a springloaded mousetrap enough to wake the heaviest sleeper!
                      Good Luck

                      A Significant Other

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 13, 2007
                        Dear All
                        WHAT A GIG!!!
                        I probably shouldn't be writing this now as I have had way to many beers and
                        am very emotional.Tonights gig was the best ever.The band was so tight,so
                        energetic and,most importantly, enjoyable beyond anything I've ever enjoyed
                        before.Apart from a top Quality Otway
                        perfomance,Murray,Richard,Adam,Seymour&Upton excelled further than I've ever seen them excell before.Top set,top
                        venue,top night.I've seen ,like most others, loads and loads of Otway gigs over
                        many years yet tonight seemed ,to me, to be way "above and beyond"anything I've
                        seen before.
                        When I opened my mails tonight I laughed,cried and finally realised that
                        what I have taken for grantid over the past 8 and a half months is finally
                        actually going to become a reality (baby wise) Seriously,thanks for the comments
                        and suggestions and names.
                        I wish I had read my mail before I went out tonight as I could have asked
                        Richard for the drink he offered to buy me.At least I finally plucked up the
                        courage to thank Murray face to face for writing "you belong to me" and ,whilst
                        I forgot to take my Chelsea F.C cd for barrie to sign,It turned out to be
                        the right move as I am now informed that he is a Southampton supporter, I hate
                        him.Although he does add an extra dimension to the big band.
                        I hope that the baby doesn't come before the Sweeney gig at Riga.
                        Don't want to start waffling now but tonight was the next level,gig wise,
                        for me.THANKS again to all.Will let you know baby news as and when.
                        Cheers,
                        Mark

                      • Dave Kitteridge
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 14, 2007
                          Enjoyed it then did you? :-))

                        • winkybadger
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 14, 2007
                            Re the springloaded mousetrap, just where does one place it ?
                            And to Mark, congratulations on your impending fatherhood; one idea
                            for naming the little one is to give him at least two names so if he
                            dislikes his first name he can use another one.

                            In Otway@yahoogroups.com, twistedangel_cruella
                            <twistedangel_cruella@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Mark,
                            >
                            > Firstly congratulations on your impending fatherhood. One tip on
                            picking names and that is to see how the chosen name sounds with
                            your surname ( I had some friends whose surname was Cole and were
                            considering the name Kay for their daughter until they put the two
                            together!) You could always buy a book on baby names (or borrow one
                            from the library if buying things for the new arrival has left you
                            short of cash)
                            > With regards to Richards idea of feighning unconsciousness, I
                            always found a springloaded mousetrap enough to wake the heaviest
                            sleeper!
                            > Good Luck
                            >
                            > A Significant Other
                            >
                            > markwillett7@... wrote:
                            > Hi All,
                            > I know I don't post that often but I do read what everones up to.
                            > Whilst looking through my old cds I came accross my 1994 Chelsea
                            F.A Cup cd featuring the webley team and Barry Upton(who penned it
                            and played on it!) Is there no end to this mans talent??? I think
                            I'll try and get it signed by him if he's there on Saturday.Really
                            looking foreward to Sats' gig at 'Kitteridge Towers' What a great
                            venue,hope loads can make it.
                            > About 2 years ago some of you were really helpful with suggestions
                            for the 1st dance at my wedding.I ended up with 5 first dances,you
                            belong to me,we rock and beware of the flowers (voting cd version).My
                            other half had 2 rubbish songs that I've forgotten.I now need some
                            help again.My wife is about to drop our 1st sprog(2 weeks time) and
                            we are stuck for original exciting names beyond the "fashionable
                            3".If it's any help then the scan says it's a boy.Also any sensible
                            advice on how I can avoid changing nappies,getting up in the middle
                            of the night etc.gratefully received.
                            > If you are going Sat. I'll be the bald one who's drinking like it's
                            the last night he'll have out in a long time due to pending
                            parenthood.
                            > Thanks in anticipation,
                            > Mark Willett.

                          • twistedangel_cruella
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 14, 2007
                              I was going to leave it to your imagination.... but I find round the 'nads is best for optimum results! This method is also useful for birth control (an idea that Richard might like to consider as he seems to have an aversion to the latex one!)

                              winkybadger <winky99@...> wrote: Re the springloaded mousetrap, just where does one place it ?

                            • we_evill
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 14, 2007
                                Ouch!!...and ouch again! I have no aversion to latex...in fact, that
                                was...........................rest of message lost.

                              • Mike
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 14, 2007
                                  Hi Mark

                                  one hint I heard for Boys names was to test it with King in front .....ie.
                                  King Alfred...sounds good, King Wayne~~~~doesnt sound quite so good.....

                                  Mike

                                  > I know I don't post that often but I do read what everones up to.
                                  > Whilst looking through my old cds I came accross my 1994 Chelsea F.A Cup
                                  > cd featuring the webley team and Barry Upton(who penned it and played on
                                  > it!) Is there no end to this mans talent??? I think I'll try and get it
                                  > signed by him if he's there on Saturday.Really looking foreward to Sats'
                                  > gig at 'Kitteridge Towers' What a great venue,hope loads can make it.
                                  > About 2 years ago some of you were really helpful with suggestions for the
                                  > 1st dance at my wedding.I ended up with 5 first dances,you belong to me,we
                                  > rock and beware of the flowers (voting cd version).My other half had 2
                                  > rubbish songs that I've forgotten.I now need some help again.My wife is
                                  > about to drop our 1st sprog(2 weeks time) and we are stuck for original
                                  > exciting names beyond the "fashionable 3".If it's any help then the scan
                                  > says it's a boy.Also any sensible advice on how I can avoid changing
                                  > nappies,getting up in the middle of the night etc.gratefully received.
                                  > If you are going Sat. I'll be the bald one who's drinking like it's the
                                  > last night he'll have out in a long time due to pending parenthood.
                                  > Thanks in anticipation,
                                  > Mark Willett.

                                  > http://www.johnotway.com/ For current Otway live dates.

                                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                • we_evill
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 15, 2007
                                    --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mike@...> wrote:

                                    > Hi Mark
                                    >
                                    > one hint I heard for Boys names was to test it with King in front
                                    .....ie.
                                    > King Alfred...sounds good, King Wayne~~~~doesnt sound quite so
                                    good.....

                                    Wayne King sounds even worse...

                                  • Stewart Nutter
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 15, 2007
                                      OI! I think Wayne's a great name.

                                      All the best

                                      Wayne Kerr

                                      we_evill <weevil@...> wrote:

                                      --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mike@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi Mark
                                      >
                                      > one hint I heard for Boys names was to test it with King in front
                                      .....ie.
                                      > King Alfred...sounds good, King Wayne~~~~doesnt sound quite so
                                      good.....

                                      Wayne King sounds even worse...

                                    • Eddie Hall (Music)
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jan 17, 2007
                                        Keep an eye out for what the initials might spell, as well, and watch out
                                        for shortenings like Dick, etc.

                                        Regards,

                                        Ed.
                                        HYPERLINK "http://www.annanded.co.uk/"www.annanded.co.uk

                                        > one hint I heard for Boys names was to test it with King in front
                                        .....ie.
                                        > King Alfred...sounds good, King Wayne~~~~doesnt sound quite so
                                        good.....

                                        Wayne King sounds even worse...

                                        16:45

                                      • Eddie Hall (Music)
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jan 18, 2007
                                          Yes, all that gurgling, crawling, and puking. The only difference in 17
                                          years time is that they get a cab home first.

                                          Regards,

                                          Ed.
                                          www.annanded.co.uk

                                          I've always thought the name Jonathan is great :-)

                                          As to changing nappies and getting up in the middle of night, the first will

                                          earn you loads of 'brownie points' - and you may find that you (and the
                                          baby) really enjoy the middle of the night sessions ! all that bonding in
                                          the middle of night will be useful in about 17 years time..

                                          Good luck and best wishes to you both

                                          Love Patsy x

                                          >From: markwillett7@...
                                          >To: Otway@yahoogroups.com
                                          >Subject: Re: [Otway] Barry Upton The Great,Saturday,and a baby
                                          >Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:38:52 -0500
                                          >
                                          > Hi All,
                                          >I know I don't post that often but I do read what everones up to.
                                          >Whilst looking through my old cds I came accross my 1994 Chelsea F.A
                                          >Cup cd featuring the webley team and Barry Upton(who penned it and
                                          >played on it!) Is there no end to this mans talent??? I think I'll try
                                          >and get it signed by him if he's there on Saturday.Really looking
                                          >foreward to Sats' gig at 'Kitteridge Towers' What a great venue,hope
                                          >loads can make it. About 2 years ago some of you were really helpful
                                          >with suggestions for the 1st dance at my wedding.I ended up with 5
                                          >first dances,you belong to me,we rock and beware of the flowers (voting
                                          >cd version).My other half had 2 rubbish songs that I've forgotten.I now
                                          >need some help again.My wife is about to drop our 1st sprog(2 weeks
                                          >time) and we are stuck for original exciting names beyond the
                                          >"fashionable 3".If it's any help then the scan says it's a boy.Also any
                                          >sensible advice on how I can avoid changing nappies,getting up in the
                                          >middle of the night etc.gratefully received. If you are going Sat. I'll
                                          >be the bald one who's drinking like it's the last night he'll have out
                                          >in a long time due to pending parenthood. Thanks in anticipation, Mark
                                          >Willett. X

                                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                                          04:00