RE: [Otway] The young ones

  • patsy andrews
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      Mike - the episode you are referring to was 'Summer Holiday', 1984 - but
      you've got me as to the identity of accompanying guitarist - not Richard !

      I suppose I could play it, as I have the video, but a bit early in the
      morning for me to face that.. I remember that Jools Holland, Lenny Henry,
      Alexei Sayle and Ben Elton amongst others were also in this episode..

      I'm sure that someone out there will remember :-)

      Patsy

      >From: "Mike" <mike@...>
      >To: "otwaygroups" <otway@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [Otway] The young ones
      >Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:24:25 +0100
      >
      >Just by accident I watched an episode if "the Young Ones" last night.....on
      >BBC4 or something.
      >
      >As I didnt grow up here, I never saw them originally.
      >
      >Anyway, it was an episode featuring.......John Otway.........playing Body
      >Talk, and featuring the drum pads.....
      >
      >Who was the accompanying guitarist - it didnt look like Richard ?
      >
      >Mike

    • Jane Armstrong
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        >Just by accident I watched an episode if "the Young Ones" last night.....on

        >BBC4 or something.
        >
        >As I didnt grow up here, I never saw them originally.
        >
        >Anyway, it was an episode featuring.......John Otway.........playing Body
        >Talk, and featuring the drum pads.....
        >
        >Who was the accompanying guitarist - it didnt look like Richard ?

        Mike

        It was the lovely Robin Boult who played with Otway for a few years, went on
        to play with Fish from Marillion for a while and who is now playing with
        Howard Jones.

        He was followed by Ronnie Caryl who plays with Phil Collins' band these
        days, and after him came Richard. The rest, as they say, is history.....

        Jane
      • patsy andrews
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
          There Mike - what did I say - knew someone would know without me having to
          watch 'The Young Ones' again !

          Thanks Jane - How could I have forgotten Robin :-(

          Patsy