Cooee! SNOT

  • Alan Monaghan
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 1, 2004
      Is there anybody out there?

      Alan Monaghan
    • patsy andrews
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 1, 2004
        No, don't think so - Probably all somewhere fabulous that we are missing
        out of :-)

        >Is there anybody out there?
        >
        >Alan Monaghan

        http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
      • Billy.
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 1, 2004
          Funny you should that!

          (and I removed the 'snot' because I was actually out with my mate
          Otway last night)

          --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "patsy andrews" <Patsy@e...> wrote:
          > No, don't think so - Probably all somewhere fabulous that we are
          missing
          > out of :-)
          >

          > >Is there anybody out there?
          > >
          > >Alan Monaghan

          > Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger
          today!
          > http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
        • Cathy Jupp (BR)
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 1, 2004
            Name-dropper.

              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 1, 2004
                Yeah. Great night wasn't it. I'm still slightly hung over from the session
                that continued in the hotel bar afterwards.

                So now there's another one joining us in their second half-century. Who was a
                lucky birthday boy? Good 'ere, innit?

                Quote of the night from Murray: "Hullo, didn't realise you were here." My
                reply: "Well, you were hugging my missus a few minutes ago." Murray: "Sorry, I
                just never made the connection."

                Anyway, as usual, photos will follow shortly - probably tomorrow.

                Regards,

                Ed.

                Check out what's new at www.annanded.co.uk and sign our guest book.

                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                  Yeah - bloody good night and excellent company. I'm still recovering.....
                  Wonder how the birthday boy is!

                  (Putting the SNOT back in because I've not mentioned that Otway and the Band
                  were there - and half the Hot Rods)

                  Jane

                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                    Taking the Snot back out, because I believe that by 'not mentioning'
                    the fact that Otway and Half the HotRods were there, you did in fact
                    (and I guess quite accidentally) give away the fact that they were.

                    --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Jane Armstrong" <jane.armstrong@t...>
                    wrote:

                    (Putting the SNOT back in because I've not mentioned that Otway and
                    the Band were there - and half the Hot Rods)

                    Jane
                  • Dave Kitteridge
                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                      I'm alive - just!!

                      Thanks to everyone that was there. I think everyone had a great time - I
                      certainly did.

                      Bloody kids stole the show though :-)

                      Dave

                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                        zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................yawn....................

                        Dave
                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                          > Bloody kids stole the show though :-)

                          Hmmm - but that guy on drums who looked a bit like one of the Hamsters
                          wasn't half bad.
                        • Dave Kitteridge
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                            What can I say??

                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                              She only said that because she couldnt stand the sight of Adams new
                              hairstyle.
                              She told me that Adam...I think its alright myself mate.

                              --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kitteridge" <dkitteridge@g...>
                              wrote:
                              > What can I say??

                            • Billy.
                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                You should have put 'snot' in the title Dave.
                                I'm sure everyone doesn't want to read about you having a kip,
                                unless you had Otway in bed with you? And I dont think you have,
                                because me and him are down the cafe right now discussing what good
                                mates we are whilst catching up on this list on our lap top (that we
                                share because we are such buddies)

                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                  > She only said that because she couldnt stand the sight of Adams new
                                  > hairstyle.
                                  > She told me that Adam...I think its alright myself mate.

                                  Ooh you wind up merchant Billy!

                                  Though I have to say that Adam looks very different as a blond. Didn't
                                  recognise him at first.

                                  Jane
                                • Jane Armstrong
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                    I've slept in Otway's bed - though not at the same time as him, and Jan and
                                    Jon told me they'd changed the sheets after he'd used it the night before.

                                    Jane

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                      So all that sniffing and kissing of the bedsheets and cutting out a
                                      big hole to bring home with you, turned out to be in vain then?

                                    • mapnala@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                        jane.armstrong@... writes:

                                        > Though I have to say that Adam looks very different as a blond

                                        Oh, is it blond? When I saw him in Newcastle, I thought he must have had a
                                        lot of worries and gone grey over night!
                                        :-)
                                        Pam

                                      • Activities Abroad - Alistair McLean
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                          He looks like a big p*ff and should know better.

                                          And that's my final say on the matter.

                                          Ali

                                          > Though I have to say that Adam looks very different as a blond

                                          Oh, is it blond? When I saw him in Newcastle, I thought he must have had a
                                          lot of worries and gone grey over night!
                                          :-)
                                          Pam

                                          http://www.johnotway.com/ For current Otway live dates.

                                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                                          To visit your group on the web, go to:

                                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                        • Eddie Hall
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                            I wondered how long you could keep that quiet for.

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                              Come on then, let's play sychophants again.

                                              We did this a few months ago and there are definitely some sad bu*gers out
                                              there.

                                              Let's have your most sychophantic Otway story.

                                              Billy, do you want to set the ball rolling?

                                              Ali
                                            • Jane Armstrong
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                                I've done my bit. :-) And it was pretty darn sad.

                                              • Dave Kitteridge
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                                  I had the great "pleasure" of finding John's shirt on the floor on
                                                  Sunday morning.

                                                  I'll never be the same again.

                                                • Eddie Hall
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                                    Can I go dyslexic, and stab someone in the shower?

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                                      ali@... writes:

                                                      > Let's have your most sychophantic Otway story.

                                                      Sorry, but as you know, I'm very shy and too embarrassed to say!

                                                      :-)
                                                      Pam (blushing ever such a lot!)

                                                    • kmitch87@aol.com
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                                        So Otway even has a sheet roadie - what a star!

                                                        Kev The Rev

                                                        jane.armstrong@... writes:

                                                        > I've slept in Otway's bed - though not at the same time as him, and Jan and
                                                        > Jon told me they'd changed the sheets after he'd used it the night before.

                                                        http://members.aol.com/kmitch87
                                                        http://www.projectperu.org.uk

                                                      • Billy.
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                                          I remember after one gig in Coventry John asked if I was going back
                                                          to London that night.
                                                          I wasn't - I was heading back to Colchester where I had work the
                                                          next morning, but I told John that 'yes I was' because I knew he was
                                                          angling for a lift.
                                                          After the gig John said he had been asked for a curry and did I mind?
                                                          'Of course not I replied' and ended up driving him home at about
                                                          3.00am.
                                                          No sooner had we hit the motorway but John fell asleep - so I of
                                                          course turned the CD off and drove home in complete silence and woke
                                                          John up when we pulled up to his house at about 6.00 a.m (ish)
                                                          I then headed straight for Colchester and went straight in to work
                                                          for 8.30.

                                                          Oh yea - John once made me and Catherine tea and biscuits in his
                                                          house.

                                                          And I have often looked after his amps, guitars and Theremin for the
                                                          night and had them in my room in case the dog pissed on them.

                                                          Sad really aint I!!!!

                                                          --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Activities Abroad - Alistair McLean"

                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                                            Sounds like a good description of a friend to me.

                                                            > And I have often looked after his amps, guitars and Theremin for the
                                                            > night and had them in my room in case the dog pissed on them.
                                                            >
                                                            > Sad really aint I!!!!
                                                          • Billy.
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Feb 2, 2004
                                                              This was when I still lived at my Mum and Dads, and my room was on
                                                              the third floor!
                                                              It would have been easier to carry the dog up there and let him
                                                              sleep on my bed!