John -v- Johnny

  • Simon
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
      or Otway -v- Wilkinson

      2 of my great passions in life are Rugby football & of course JO, its
      just occured to me that the Rugby World Cup final is the Saturday of
      the Dunkerque week-end :-(.

      Notwithstanding a slightly iffy performance against Samoa and no
      disrespect to the Welsh or the French whom I confidentially expect
      England to beat on the way to the final this will clash of events
      presents a real dilema.

      Are there any other Otway/Rugby fans on the Dunkerque trip?
      Does anyone have a cunning plan allowing us to watch the match &
      catch the ferry ?

      Are any of the following feasible :-

      - watch match at the Red Lion & take a taxi to Dover.
      - watch the match at some licenced premise in Dover and meet the
      coach there
      - is there a TV on the coach(s)
      - Bring forward the kick-off time of the Final
      - Delay the ferry crossing for the Dunkerque week-end

      Any more ideas ?
    • SCROOGE736@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
        Yes there are more rugby fans on Dunkerque trip - lets see how we do in next
        2 weeks before making plans as we look vulnerable at minute

        Both

      • Simon Miles
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
          By that I take it you mean Woodwards cunning plan of lulling the opposition into a false sense of security !
          Yes there are more rugby fans on Dunkerque trip - lets see how we do in next
          2 weeks before making plans as we look vulnerable at minute

          Both

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          http://www.johnotway.com/ For current Otway live dates.

        • Simon
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 17, 2003
            Well,looks like the cunning plan worked ! Which means my first
            Dunkerque trip coincides with Englands first major World Cup final
            since 1966. What a bummer.

            Are there any other Rugby fans on the Dunkerque trip ? Lets here from
            you so we can a) watch the match, b) drink beer, c) catch the ferry.
            Shouldn't be to difficult , match finishes ~ 11.00am, ferry sails ~
            12.00pm.

            Anyone know any pubs in Dover likely to be showing the match ?

            I'll contact Mr Cotton to see if he has any ideas, persinally I'd
            rather swin to Dunkerque than miss the match.

            In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Miles" <simon@c...> wrote:
            > By that I take it you mean Woodwards cunning plan of lulling the
            opposition into a false sense of security !

            Service.

          • J.Wickenden
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 17, 2003
              One of my local pubs in Dover (The Eagle at Tower hamlets) will be showing
              the match and it`s about five minutes taxi ride away from the docks.
              Cheers,
              John

              Well,looks like the cunning plan worked ! Which means my first
              Dunkerque trip coincides with Englands first major World Cup final
              since 1966. What a bummer.

              Are there any other Rugby fans on the Dunkerque trip ? Lets here from
              you so we can a) watch the match, b) drink beer, c) catch the ferry.
              Shouldn't be to difficult , match finishes ~ 11.00am, ferry sails ~
              12.00pm.

              Anyone know any pubs in Dover likely to be showing the match ?

              I'll contact Mr Cotton to see if he has any ideas, persinally I'd
              rather swin to Dunkerque than miss the match.

              In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Miles" <simon@c...> wrote:
              > By that I take it you mean Woodwards cunning plan of lulling the
              opposition into a false sense of security !

            • Eddie Hall
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 17, 2003
                Or you could use a small pocket TV, and watch it on the journey - unless it's
                only on sky.

                Regards,

                Ed.

                www.annanded.co.uk www.annanded.biz

                Well,looks like the cunning plan worked ! Which means my first
                Dunkerque trip coincides with Englands first major World Cup final
                since 1966. What a bummer.

                Are there any other Rugby fans on the Dunkerque trip ? Lets here from
                you so we can a) watch the match, b) drink beer, c) catch the ferry. Shouldn't
                be to difficult , match finishes ~ 11.00am, ferry sails ~
                12.00pm.

                Anyone know any pubs in Dover likely to be showing the match ?

                I'll contact Mr Cotton to see if he has any ideas, persinally I'd
                rather swin to Dunkerque than miss the match.

                In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Miles" <simon@c...> wrote:
                > By that I take it you mean Woodwards cunning plan of lulling the
                opposition into a false sense of security !

                ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Buy Ink
                Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at
                MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
                http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/kxUplB/TM
              • M.R.Street
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 18, 2003
                  Not quite - I keep hearing that this final is a repeat of the 1991 one.
                  But I agree that it should not be missed, and also that it's a bummer
                  that it clashes with Dunquerque (although I'm not going)!
                  Mikey

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 18, 2003
                    Thanks for that John, found The Eagle on the www & it looks like a
                    decent boozer and whats more it look fairly close to the Priory
                    railway station which I believe is one of the pickup points.

                    Game on !

                    ps I'll buy you a pint if you're there
                  • Simon
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 18, 2003
                      Ed - Have you seen the size of Martin Johnson - he only just fits on
                      to my 32' wide screen, there's no chance of getting him on a pocket
                      tv ! I think I prefers John's Eagle suggestion.

                      Thanks anyway

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • Eddie Hall
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 18, 2003
                        Put it in your pocket, rub it, and see if it gets any bigger.

                        See you on the ferry.