John Otway 'Scraps' (curios and curious)

  • chrisnuza2003
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
      That 3 CD boxed set of rarities is now ready - they had been
      delivered to John's house and were waiting for him when he got home
      from Glastonbury.

      It looks absolutely gorgeous:
      John Haxby has designed a laminated four section fold out sleeve
      full of little pictures that refer (sometimes obliquely) to the
      various songs in the collection, so you'll be able to have hours of
      fun spotting which songs prompted which pictures. There's also a 23
      page booklet with notes on all the songs.

      Aside from the physical article being an object of desire in its own
      right, the music it contains is pretty damn cool too. Full track
      listing appears on Otnews.

      This will be on the merchandise table at gigs - do make a point of
      picking it up and having a look. It's also available by mail order
      for £20 from:

      Otway Merchandise @ MSJ Designs
      PO Box 6239
      Nottingham
      NG16 3TA

      All cheques/postal orders payable to John Otway please.

      Worth a quick reminder that, if you buy the `Scraps' boxed set
      (normal price £20) and `The Cube' video (normal price £8) together,
      then you get both for £25.
    • Seymour
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
        Just recuperating from the Glastonbury weekend, and thanks to all those
        that came to see us.

        Highlight of the festival for me though?

        I was third row back, right in the middle at the one world stage for
        "Yes" and they where simply ***king magnificent: and Jesus that Chris
        Squire can play a bass guitar.

        They did "and you and I", "Siberian Khatru", "Heart of the sunrise",
        "Awaken", "Tempus Fugit"............. (not in that order) etc. Mostly
        the older yes tracks that, as Richard remarked, he never thought he'd
        see the band play again.

        If anyone has got tickets you are in for a treat.

        A still knackered and happy Seymour. :-)

        ---
      • Dave Kitteridge
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
          And I shall be seeing them tomorrow at Hammersmith :)

          Hamster Dave

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
            Just tried for tickets.

            Surprise surprise, sold out. :-(

            Seymour

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
              They're playing Hyde Park, Thurs. 17th July. 0870 735 5000 for tickets.

              Support is 21st Century Schizoid Band (ex members of King Crimson)

              Hamster Dave

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
                Seymour,

                Ticketbastard has some for tonight.

                Also, have you tried for the Hyde Park gig on 17th July? When I looked last
                week there were still tickets available but mid week is just a bit hard for
                me. Maybe I should go anyway...

                Jane
                -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
              • rwarhurst
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
                  Yes........NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

                  >>If anyone has got tickets you are in for a treat<

                  Of to see Grandaddy tonight, a third of the price and a hundred times
                  better!
                  (also at no extra cost you a bit of cred with the yoof of today :))

                  Bogart

                  "jackie leven is in danger of becoming a national living treasure"
                  www.jackieleven.com
                • Jane Armstrong
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
                    I've just bought a couple of tickets via eBay for the Hyde Park gig, but when I phoned the company to make a payment they said it looks like the gig has been cancelled - but they're waiting for final confirmation!!! Typical!!

                    Jane