George Michael

  • Peter Beasley
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
      Just seen George Michael interviewed on BBC2 (Talkback 9am Sat). Mainly
      talking about anti war . . . . but when accused of just seeking
      publicity to sell his single he said something like this . . '. . .my
      fans are all around 35 now . . . last year their was an artist fighting
      against Woolworths because they wouldn't stock his single. They only
      stock what they think their target audience will buy, target being 11-
      12 year olds . . .' basically he said record industry is corrupt . . .
      . he said some pretty good anti war stuff as well

      PB

      --
    • RoslynUK@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
        I saw him with Graham Norton last night - he said some pretty good "stuff" then too.

        Roslyn x

      • Bill Green <cockney_king@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
          I saw him in the papers after he waved his knob at a policeman in a
          public toilet.

          --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, RoslynUK@n... wrote:
          > I saw him with Graham Norton last night - he said some pretty
          good "stuff" then too.

          > Roslyn x

          > The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available. Upgrade now!

          http://webmail.netscape.com/
        • rwarhurst
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
            >I saw him in the papers after he waved his knob at a policeman in a
            public toilet.<

            If Billy Bragg released A13 romanticising his early days will Georgie release Copper Head Road??

            Bogart

            Jackie Leven
            Shining Brother Shining Sister
            Released 10 February 2003

            news,tours,downloads
            www.jackieleven.com

          • GenesisRH@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
              RoslynUK@... writes:

              > I saw him with Graham Norton last night - he said some pretty good "stuff"
              > then too.
              >
              > Roslyn x

              He was also on the Jeremy Vine lunchtime Radio 2 show on Thursday - again, as
              well as the anti-war stuff, he had some very realistic views on the record
              industry. By his own admission he considers himself a "pop star", with no
              pretentions to be a "rock musician", but said that even that was an almost
              impossible aim these days for anyone starting out in the business - you have
              to be moulded, shaped, marketed, and honed by the "machinery" - which will
              then decide if it wants you out their in its market place (or something like
              that anyway - that was the general tone of what he was saying!!).

              Russ

            • Jane Armstrong
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
                Roslyn wrote

                >I saw him with Graham Norton last night - he said some pretty good "stuff" >then too.

                Me too - and that song he sang was so moving, it left me with tears in my eyes. Luckily I was recording it so will be able to save it to MP3. Wondered if you'd seen it Ros.

                Jane