Small world

  • Bill Green. <bronco.billy@tesco.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      Last night I had Linda Gail Lewis and her husband Eddie Braddock
      round for tea.
      We were talking about music and gigs when I, of course, mentioned
      Otway.
      I was expecting her to know nothing at all about Otway (she had never
      heard of 'Madness', 'Specials' etc)but to my surprise she knew an
      awful lot.
      She said '"Hey, isn't that the guy that had 'Bunsen Burner' in the
      charts just recently and had all his friends sing on the B-side?"
      It turns out that her husband is good friends with Johnnie Walker,
      and Johnnie raved about the single so much, and how a small guy was
      trying to buck the system, that they actually bought a copy.

      Stranger still...Her husband said he had a laugh when he played the
      single, because he was one of the original producers on the
      hit 'Disco Inferno'.

      What a small world.