Re: Wild Men

  • Andrew Forsyth
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      > Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:32:10 +0100
      > From: "Julian Porter" <jporter@...>
      >Subject: Re: Digest Number 317
      >
      >Andrew,
      >
      >Sure is a limited edition, mine is 417/1000. It is wonderful and guaranteed
      >to get everyone going home after a party, specially "My Name Is Larry".

      I have a mother
      Her name is Mother
      Hi Mom!

      I remember seeing a single in the shape of a fish head once. My memory is
      getting shaky. May have been Wild Man Fischer.

      >It is fitting that you are quoting a WWB song from his 1986 album "Organic
      >Bondage" which was also a limited edition, or at least the initial copies
      >were, as they came in a hand crafted 3 ply wooden sleeve. I also have a mint
      >copy of this album!!!

      Sadly I have lost ALL my vynyl. Not that I ever had much. Including a
      regular cardboard sleeve copy of Organic Bondage. Most of the bits I still
      want I now have on CD. Among the few things I miss are the single "Bloody"
      by the Gollinski Brothers, that Wild Willy Barrett Song (Please don't throw
      me to the Christians). Oh yes, and "Milton Keynes" - was that on the same
      album?

      To back track along this thread somewhat - in the early 80s I used to have a
      casette with "The Doughnut in Granny's Greenhouse" on one side and "Deep &
      Meaningless" on the other.

      Andrew

      =====
      ---ARF---