A STUNNING NEW C.D!!!

  • ajjjcov@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2000
      WOW!! I heard the new c.d ( The set remains the same ! )today for the
      first time. All the favourite classics are on it . The Big Band totally out
      performing the band that originally recorded the `All balls and no willy`
      album . I now have 6 different versions of Otways greatest song `Geneve`.
      All very different in their own way. From the `Disney` version to this
      absolutely stunning version which features just Otways `moving` vocals and a
      piano.Totally superb. Pure class.
      Great to hear a screaming theramin solo recorded in action on Body Talk. A
      great Otway and Big Band recording.One of those few albums of which you can
      say there is not a bad track on it.
      ALAN
    • Chris Lane
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2000
        .One of those few albums of which you can
        > say there is not a bad track on it.
        > ALAN

        It is good isn't it. Highlights for me are 'Too Much Air' which from its
        Ramones style intro, (1, 2 ,3, 4!!) just never lets up.Love the bass, love
        the drums, love the guitars, love the vocals.
        'Best Dream' is probably my favourite slow song, just beating 'Geneve' . (I
        think I have 6 versions of each now, all different -all brilliant.

        A bargain at only 33p a track.

        Chris L
      • kevkemp@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2000
          Chris and Alan both said they have 6 different versions of Otways greatest
          song `Geneve`. That got me thinking, is this Otway's most recorded/released
          track now?
          I've found 8 official versions of 'Geneve' in my collection so far and that
          doesn't include the new CD which hasn't arrived yet.

          Just for the record:
          1) 1977 Original - on JO & WWB LP/CD
          2) Live with WWB 1977 - Live at the Roundhouse LP/CD
          3) 1978 "Disney" version - on 7" single, Gone with the Bin, Gleatest Hits LP,
          Deep Thought US LP, Cor Baby CD
          (I think these are all the same "Disney" version, I haven't got all of
          them!)
          4) Live with WWB 1981 - on Otway & Barrett Live Tricycle Theatre Kilburn VIDEO
          5) Live with Ronnie Caryl 1990 - on "Fleece & Firkin" Bristol CASSETTE
          6) Live with Big Band 1993 - on Gig 2000 Astoria Show CD
          7) Instrumental (Richard H) - on Back from the Bin (the really free) CD
          8) with Aylesbury Youth Orch. - on 1999 CD SINGLE
          9) with Big Band 2000 - on new Set Remains The Same CD

          So that's 9 different versions on at least 13 releases (not counting CD
          reissues) - have I missed any? .. and can any other artist beat that?

          Kevin
        • Bob Dunning
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2000
            If you're including video versions, what about Live at the Square Harlow ? -
            I havn't watched it for a while but surely it's got Geneve on.

            The new cd is FABULOUS !!

            cheers

            Bob

            > Chris and Alan both said they have 6 different versions of Otways greatest
            > song `Geneve`. That got me thinking, is this Otway's most
            recorded/released
            > track now?
            > I've found 8 official versions of 'Geneve' in my collection so far and
            that
            > doesn't include the new CD which hasn't arrived yet.
            >
            > Just for the record:
            > 1) 1977 Original - on JO & WWB LP/CD
            > 2) Live with WWB 1977 - Live at the Roundhouse LP/CD
            > 3) 1978 "Disney" version - on 7" single, Gone with the Bin, Gleatest Hits
            LP,
            > Deep Thought US LP, Cor Baby CD
            > (I think these are all the same "Disney" version, I haven't got all of
            > them!)
            > 4) Live with WWB 1981 - on Otway & Barrett Live Tricycle Theatre Kilburn
            VIDEO
            > 5) Live with Ronnie Caryl 1990 - on "Fleece & Firkin" Bristol CASSETTE
            > 6) Live with Big Band 1993 - on Gig 2000 Astoria Show CD
            > 7) Instrumental (Richard H) - on Back from the Bin (the really free) CD
            > 8) with Aylesbury Youth Orch. - on 1999 CD SINGLE
            > 9) with Big Band 2000 - on new Set Remains The Same CD
            >
            > So that's 9 different versions on at least 13 releases (not counting CD
            > reissues) - have I missed any? .. and can any other artist beat that?
            >
            > Kevin
          • Chris Lane
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2000
              > So that's 9 different versions on at least 13 releases (not counting CD
              > reissues) - have I missed any? .. and can any other artist beat that?
              >
              > Kevin

              I've also got an instrumental version by Morgan Fisher on 7" vinyl. Am I sad
              or what?
              Chris L