Re: [Otway] We CAN make this the big one.

  • patsy andrews
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Further to Billy's message below:

      >Just listening to my local Radio station and the presenter played the new
      >George Michael single.He then went on to say that the single was expected
      >to go in at No 12 in the charts next week, with sales of THREE THOUSAND
      >COPIES!!!<

      That is amazing - suitably 'do'able' for us ! Looks like CD single chart
      sales must be at an all time low

      Below is Chart Position - Sales for Oct.2000 - Sales for Oct.2001

      20 - 14,329 4,193
      10 - 23,955 7,416
      7 - - 9,000(ish)
      5 - 37,530 11,036
      1 - 60,083 40,358

      Patsy

      October 2002
      Otway Back in The Charts
      www.otnews.net.
      www.hithithit.com

    • kevkemp
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        --- In Otway@y..., "patsy andrews" <Patsy@e...> wrote:
        > Further to Billy's message below:
        > > George Michael's single to go in at No 12 in the charts
        > > next week, with sales of THREE THOUSAND COPIES!!!
        >
        >Looks like CD single chart sales must be at an all time low

        While singles sales do seem to be getting lower each year, the quoted
        3000 sales figure was just for Monday. My guess is it'll probably
        end up with sales of 10-12K for the week and a position between 15
        and 20.

        Kevin