Too Much Air

  • Chris Nuza
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 1999
      Hi

      I've been thinking about the best Otway songs (I think very slowly) and
      there are so many astonishingly good ones that it seems unfair to single one
      or two out.

      Best I can do is a personal top ten, all tying for the top spot:

      Too Much Air
      Poetry and Jazz
      Josephine
      Beware of the Flowers
      To Anne
      Blue Eyes of the Belle
      Photograph
      Best Dream
      Body Talk
      Middle of Winter
      Entertainment (Not)
      Nothing At All

      Oops, best 12 then.

      On the evidence of 'Premature Adulation', though, I reckon he's still
      getting better so it could be that his best songs are still inside his head.
      Sort of like Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen only funnier.

      Would anyone else like to see John do 'Too Much Air, Not Enough Oxygen' at
      gigs or am I out on a limb here?

      All the best

      Chris

      Thought for the day:

      A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    • SCROOGE736@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 1999
        Have pruned a list of personal favourites down to 10:
        RACING CARS
        REALLY FREE
        LOUISA ON A HORSE
        BODYTALK
        HEADBUTTS
        BEWARE OF THE FLOWERS
        JOSEPHINE
        OH MY BODY IS MAKING ME
        THE ALAMO
        BABY'S IN THE CLUB
      • Duncan Palmer
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 9, 1999
          Best Otway songs

          POETRY & JAZZ
          BODYTALK
          BEWARE OF THE FLOWERS (punk or country virsion)
          REALLY FREE
          LOUISA ON A HORSE
          HEADBUTTS
          BABY'S IN THE CLUB
          CHEREL
          WE KNOW WHAT SHES DOING
          GENEVA

          There in no particular order and I've probably missed some good ones
          out.
        • Bill Green
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2000
            I saw Otway do 'Too much air, not enough oxygen' at Walthamstow a
            month or so ago and agree it's a great song - but I do love a bit
            of 'punk'

            Billy

          • Bill Green. <bronco.billy@tesco.net>
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 11, 2002
              In the 15,000th message ever sent to this list, Chris Nuza finished
              off her message thus:-

              --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Nuza" <chris.nuza@...

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 11, 2002
                My apologies.
                It was actually message No 15.
                Simon Spencer wrote message No 15,000, but he never finished it with
                anything profound that was worth repeating.

                --- In Otway@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Green. <bronco.billy@t...>"