Re: The Q Vote

  • Bob Dunning
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 1999
      Good news ... I hope the fact that I voted him only second didn't swing it
      in the wrong direction (....having said that where did Bowie come ?)
      Bob.

      > From: "Chris Nuza" <chris.nuza@...>
      >
      > We nearly did it......
      >
      > The latest Q is just out with the results of the poll.
      >

      > Apparently, those who just missed getting into the top 100 were Van
      > Morrison, Robbie Williams and JOHN OTWAY!!! There was a big question mark
      > in the write up over what the hell happened to Michael Jackson, so it
      looks
      > like John can justifiably claim to be more popular than Michael Jackson.
      >
      > Well done everybody!
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > Thought for the day:
      >
      > Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine,
      > so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.
      > - Aristophanes -

      > Attention ONElist list owners.
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > We've just added a "NO ATTACHMENTS" option. See homepage for details.

      > http://www.doremi.co.uk/otway For current Otway live dates.
    • Plowman, Sally
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 1999
        That's really good news! I'll have to find out how my other choices got on.

        On a lesser scale Mojo (I think) asked their readers what other records they
        think should have been included on that new punk compilation '1234' and one
        of the songs that got the most votes was Really Free. Hardly punk, but in
        that era, I suppose. The record label said if they did issue a further comp
        they would include the songs the Mojo readers voted for.

        Sally