SARFEND

  • Eddie Hall
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
      OK, Billy. You've convinced me (like I needed a lot of persuading). I've
      booked for me & the better half. See you Saturday & get ready to collect
      your prize(s).

      Who else will be there?

      Ed.

    • Duncan Palmer
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
        Eddie

        I think I'll be going though I havn't got around to booking the ticket quite
        yet.

        Duncan
      • cockney_bill
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
          Twisted your arm did I?

          Was gonna say Duncan Nacnud's probably going, but he beat me to it.
          I'm sure Bev 'the eccentric auntie' will be there also, along with at
          least one of the nephews.
          Catherine the Stalker will be there also. She apparently attended 51
          Otway gigs last year, can you believe that?
          I can - I drove her to them all!!!

          33 points if anyone can tell me what song has these opening lines:-

          Well she wore big knickers
          And worked on sewage farm
          I put me hand down her jeans
          And I nearly lost half my arm.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
            Sweatty Betty by The Macc Lads

            Kev The Rev

            In a message dated 01/01/02 18:36:21 GMT Standard Time, billy@...
            writes:

            > 33 points if anyone can tell me what song has these opening lines:-
            >
            > Well she wore big knickers
            > And worked on sewage farm
            > I put me hand down her jeans
            > And I nearly lost half my arm.

          • cockney_bill
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
              The points would have been yours Kev - IF you had spelt 'Sweaty'
              correctly.
              Will we be seeing you and 'the missus' at Saarfend Saturday?

              Billy

            • kmitch87@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
                In a message dated 01/01/02 19:44:33 GMT Standard Time, billy@...
                writes:

                > The points would have been yours Kev - IF you had spelt 'Sweaty'
                > correctly.
                > Will we be seeing you and 'the missus' at Saarfend Saturday?

                i) I know how to correctly spell `sweaty' but every source I came across on
                the internet spelt it with two Ts: you don't actually think I listen to such
                a bunch of northern oiks do you?!

                ii) Not that I'm aware of. Mind you I could always ask her seeing as she's
                only standing 6' away from me.

                Kev The Rev

              • Eddie Hall
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
                  It's either "I've Got A Brand-New Combine Harvester" by the Wurzels, or
                  "Harvest Of Love" by Benny Hill.

                  Ed.

                  >From: "cockney_bill" <billy@...>
                  >
                  >33 points if anyone can tell me what song has these opening lines:-
                  >
                  >Well she wore big knickers
                  >And worked on sewage farm
                  >I put me hand down her jeans
                  >And I nearly lost half my arm.

                • cockney_bill
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
                    Pay attention will you Eddie.
                    The Reverend already has given me the answer

                    Billy

                  • ReilNowswell@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
                      I hope to return from exile and get to Sarfend on Saturday, my new year
                      resolution is to fight off my current bout of Otway deprivation. I had hoped
                      to see lots of NR gigs but I was so dissapointed when I went to Redhill I
                      made no further effort to go. I enjoyed the Kursals (their set was abuot the
                      right length), the Feelgoods were brilliant but failed the feature J O which
                      after their brilliant set in Dunkirk was a shame. I liked Canned Heat in the
                      old days but their set was far to long-- a case of too much Canned Heat not
                      enough Otway (sounds like a song title!).
                      Last years, opps sorry the tour two years ago worked so much better with John
                      & Richard linking all the sets.

                      Still the highlight of the evening had to be a very embarressed Mr Otway
                      leading Canned Heat back onto the stage for their "encore" to a very noisey
                      Otway chant, certainly a good demonstration of who the punters thought was
                      the main attraction. I should also add that 90% of the crowd knew where to
                      join in when HORS was performed.

                      HOPE 2002 IS NEARLY AS GOOD FOR YOU AS IT WILL BE FOR JOHN

                      Banania Man

                    • cockney_bill
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
                        1)It is spelt with 1 't' on the 2 albums that I have it on Rev.
                        They may be 'Northern', but Punk knows no regional barriers for me. I
                        even liked Sham 69 although some of them came from bloody Surrey!!!

                        2)6 inches, or six feet? It is impossible for me to stand closer than
                        9 inches away from any girl who 'arouses' me you know.

                        If I do, my 'breath' usually repels her!!

                        Billy

                        --- In Otway@y..., kmitch87@a... wrote:
                        > In a message dated 01/01/02 19:44:33 GMT Standard Time, billy@e...
                        > writes:
                        >

                        > > The points would have been yours Kev - IF you had spelt 'Sweaty'
                        > > correctly.
                        > > Will we be seeing you and 'the missus' at Saarfend Saturday?
                        >
                        > i) I know how to correctly spell `sweaty' but every source I came
                        across on
                        > the internet spelt it with two Ts: you don't actually think I
                        listen to such
                        > a bunch of northern oiks do you?!
                        >
                        > ii) Not that I'm aware of. Mind you I could always ask her seeing
                        as she's
                        > only standing 6' away from me.
                        >
                        > Kev The Rev

                      • cockney_bill
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
                          1) Look forward to seeing you Banania man, saves me posting your CD!
                          2) Unfortunately for you, that actually became a feature of the later
                          NR gigs.
                          3) I thought exactly the same thing, which is why on the first few
                          gigs of the tour I actually left at about 8.30 after Otways
                          performance - which wasn't much gig for £15 a ticket.
                          4) I assume Ali wasn't at the gig you was at then!!!

                          Billy

                          --- In Otway@y..., ReilNowswell@a... wrote:
                          1) I hope to return from exile and get to Sarfend on Saturday,
                          2)the Feelgoods were brilliant but failed the feature J O which
                          > after their brilliant set in Dunkirk was a shame.
                          3)Last years, opps sorry the tour two years ago worked so much better
                          with John & Richard linking all the sets.
                          4)I should also add that 90% of the crowd knew where to join in when
                          HORS was performed.

                          > HOPE 2002 IS NEARLY AS GOOD FOR YOU AS IT WILL BE FOR JOHN
                          >
                          > Banania Man

                        • Bev Chester
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 1, 2002
                            Yes, I can confirm that I will be attending the concert on Saturday at
                            Southend-on-Sea along with hopefully two of my three nephews plus their
                            Mummy and Daddy!!

                            Best wishes for a peaceful and successful 2002 to you all
                            an eccentric Auntie (aka Bev)
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 2, 2002
                              Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

                              I read my messages in the order they come, so I replied before I got to the
                              answers.

                              Besides, I'm happy in my own little world.

                              Ed.

                              >From: "cockney_bill" <billy@...>
                              >
                              >Pay attention will you Eddie.
                              >The Reverend already has given me the answer
                              >
                              >Billy

                            • cockney_bill
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 2, 2002
                                I didn't get where I am today by being happy in my own little world.

                                --- In Otway@y..., "Eddie Hall" <edgardhall@h...> wrote:
                                > Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
                                >
                                > I read my messages in the order they come, so I replied before I
                                got to the
                                > answers.
                                >
                                > Besides, I'm happy in my own little world.
                                >
                                > Ed.
                                >
                                > >From: "cockney_bill" <billy@e...>
                                > >
                                > >Pay attention will you Eddie.
                                > >The Reverend already has given me the answer
                                > >
                                > >Billy

                                http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.
                              • mustangbreaker
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 2, 2002
                                  --- In Otway@y..., "cockney_bill" <billy@e...> wrote:
                                  > I can - I drove her to them all!!!
                                  >
                                  > 33 points if anyone can tell me what song has these opening lines:-
                                  >
                                  > Well she wore big knickers
                                  > And worked on sewage farm
                                  > I put me hand down her jeans
                                  > And I nearly lost half my arm.

                                  That's easy. "Sweaty Betty" by the Macc Lads.