Messages after the last few days

  • Andy Rudd
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2001
      STOP IT ALL OF YOU

      I wasn't going to say anything (least said soonest mended), even after being
      away and wading thru' so many emails, but it's now Monday morning and the
      fall out is still raining down from when - Thursday? This isn't what I
      joined this list for - I joined for the craic and a laugh. I also joined
      because I'm fed up with the bitter infighting of where I work and this was a
      bit of light relief - somewhere where jokes in bad taste were groaned at or
      ignored, not used to hoist someone on their own petard.
      Sadly I don't suppose this will be the end of it.
    • Bill Green.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        That is why you are a schoolteacher, and I am a Surveyor Nic.

        Well said anyway. I never intended all of this from my joke and I
        apologize to the people who have had to wade through all the e-mails
        regarding it.

        Also my mailing last night was way 'over the top' sorry.
        I meant to get in after a very long drive in the rain at nearly 3.00
        am and write a gig review. I got the hump after one too many personal
        attacks on myself - but two wrongs dont make a right.

        Billy

        --- In Otway@y..., "Andy Rudd" <andy.rudd@u...> wrote:
        > STOP IT ALL OF YOU
      • Activities Abroad
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
          Why can't we all just learn to love each other?
        • Bill Green.
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
            According to you Ali, every woman on this list loves Bogart!!

            If we really should learn to love each other though Ali, why don't
            you start the ball rolling and tell everyone on here that you love me?

            Billy

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
              Sorry, sorry, Billy, you've obviously misunderstood, I meant why can't all
              the human race learn to love each other.

              That would obviously preclude all cockneys and your good self.

              Ali

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
                Look - I happen to know (well my Grandad did) a few very fine
                Cockneys who died during the war, and they wont like to be told they
                are not (err...were not!) part of the human race - SORRY, SORRY.