PLEASE READ AND SHARE WITH OTHERS

  • Teresa A. Polychronis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009

      From:  Fr. Demetrios Carellas
      Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 1:07 AM
      Subject: PLEASE READ AND - IF POSSIBLE - SHARE WITH OTHERS

      My dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

      The poor physician, Dr. George Tiller, who killed thousands of children in late-term abortions, was murdered today (May 31, 2009) --- in his church!  Lord have mercy on his soul, his family and the one(s) who killed him.

      It is so sad that the media took less than an hour to attack the entire pro-life movement because of this action, as the 1st article below clearly illustrates.  The 2nd article is something that should be in every newspaper, and read on every national news program.  Unfortunately, that will not happen.  I entreat you to take a few moments to read both articles carefully.

      Then, I request that you say a prayer for Dr. Tiller, who will face judgment without having had a chance to repent --- that God will have mercy on him and his grieving family, even though he chose not to show mercy on so many innocent children.  As Christians, we should want everyone to have, at least, the opportunity to repent and turn to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, before they leave this temporal life for eternity.

      Finally, I beg you to do more than you ever have done in the past to stand up - peacefully, but tenaciously - for the pre-born child's God-given right to life!  It is past time for all of us, who call ourselves pro-life, to become God's instruments to overturn this death-culture, while there is still time.  "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" +Fr. Demetrios

      1ST ARTICLE
      (The initial comments are from the person who forwarded the article to me.)
      After church today..I was tired so I took a short nap and when I got up I checked the news and found this as the lead story on Google news.... First, my foggy thinking was that every abortion is a case of abortion related violence; and could not really understand why they would title the lead news article this way...then looked at the actual article....

      Think there is an agenda here? I think I may change my news home page....

      I do not condone violence; but if we are doing bodies counts, which side has the most losses?

      Recent cases of abortion-related violence

      By The Associated Press – 48 minutes ago

      A look at recent cases of abortion-related violence:

      _ May 31, 2009: Prominent late-term abortion provider George Tiller is shot and killed in a Wichita church where he was serving as an usher. The gunman fled but a city official said a suspect is in custody.

      _ April 2007: Authorities say Paul Ross Evans placed a homemade bomb in the parking lot of the Austin Women's Health Center in Texas. A bomb squad disposes of the device, which contained two pounds of nails. There are no injuries.

      _ Oct. 23, 1998: Dr. Barnett Slepian is fatally shot in his home in a suburb of Buffalo, N.Y. Militant abortion opponent James Kopp is convicted of the murder in 2003 and sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

      _ Jan. 29, 1998: A bomb explodes just outside a Birmingham, Ala., abortion clinic, killing a police officer and wounding several others. Eric Rudolph later pleads guilty to that incident and the deadly bombing at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. He justifies the Alabama bombing in an essay from prison, writing that Jesus would condone "militant action in defense of the innocent."

      _ Jan. 16, 1997: Two bomb blasts an hour apart rock an Atlanta building containing an abortion clinic. Seven people are injured. Rudolph is charged by federal authorities in October 1998.

      _ Dec. 30, 1994: John Salvi opens fire with a rifle inside two Boston-area abortion clinics, killing two receptionists and wounding five others. Sentenced to life without parole, he kills himself in prison in 1996.

      _ Nov. 8, 1994: Dr. Garson Romalis, who performs abortions in Vancouver, Canada, is shot in the leg while eating breakfast at home.

      _ July 29, 1994: Dr. John Bayard Britton and his volunteer escort, James H. Barrett, are slain outside a Pensacola, Fla., abortion clinic. Barrett's wife, June, is wounded in the attack. Paul J. Hill, 40, a former minister and anti-abortion activist, is later convicted of murder and sentenced to death.

      _ Aug. 19, 1993: Dr. George Tiller is shot in the arms as he drives out of parking lot at his Wichita, Kan., clinic. Rachelle "Shelley" Shannon is later convicted and sentenced to 11 years in prison.

      _ March 10, 1993: Dr. David Gunn is shot to death outside Pensacola, Fla., clinic, becoming the first U.S. doctor killed during an anti-abortion demonstration. Michael Griffin is convicted and serving a life sentence.

      Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
      Related articles

          * Kan. abortion doc killed in church; suspect held
            The Associated Press - 3 minutes ago
          * No Mercy
            Huffington Post - 21 minutes ago
          * Tiller's murder stains anti-abortion leaders
            Kansas City Star - 23 minutes ago
          * George Tiller
            Kansas City Star - 41 minutes ago
          * More coverage (809) »

      2ND ARTICLE

      Some difficult thoughts on the killing of Abortionist George Tiller

      By Phil Magnan

      The recent killing of late term abortionist George Tiller should be put into some perspective. Mind you, it is my perspective, but I hope that some will consider my thoughts on the matter.

      It should not be amazing that so many people are shocked and outraged at the death of Late Term abortionist George Tiller, considering it was a heinous crime.

      Yet it is amazing that children in the womb are dismembered every day with very little outrage from fellow Americans. What ever happened to our sense of justice and equality? What ever happened to our sense of compassion and pity for these little ones in the womb? Our hearts should break for the family of Mr. Tiller,   but why do so many lack pity for the murdered unborn who has done no wrong? We are outraged that someone has made the “choice” to kill a person who kills little children, but we sense no need to stop the “choice” of abortion? It defies all reason and demands that America wake up from its slumber to face its own family holocaust.

      Some would say that abortionist George Tiller deserved death, as he was responsible for killing so many children. But he should not lose his life without being given due process in a court room. (Romans 1:29-32)   It is a government’s responsibility to punish the wicked and praise those who do right. (1 Peter 2:13-14, Romans 13:3-4)

      Most people will agree that any murderer deserves to be tried fairly in a courtroom and yet it is strange that they will deny that very legal process for the innocent unborn. They are torn apart before they can utter a word on their own behalf!

      It is indeed wrong for people to take the law into the own hands as this will create over time, a very lawless society. But I do believe that - in part - the authorities are indeed guilty of creating this condition, in which a person would take the law into their own hands when wickedness is not punished by the police and the local governments for the slaughter of millions of children by abortion. Their inaction to arrest and try murderers creates further lawlessness and evil. Even the Holy Scriptures affirm this point as it has said, “Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.” (Ecclesiastes 8:11)

      I feel pity for Tiller as now he must face the holy judgment of God. "It is a frightening thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Hebrews 10:31)  I do not rejoice in him dying, as the scripture has said, "Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;  Or the LORD will see it and be displeased, And turn His anger away from him." (Proverbs 24:17-18)

      And again the Lord Himself says, “Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?” (Ezekiel 18:23)

      I am convinced that the present administration will use this crime against abortionist George Tiller as a way to push through hate crimes/speech legislation. Many will say that it is because of pro life rhetoric that people are moved to kill those involved in the bloody abortion trade. If opposition to abortion is the true reason for people killing abortion personnel, why isn’t there literally thousands of abortion personnel killed [each] year by pro lifers? And if that is too horrific to imagine, why don’t we consider thousands of children dying because of the hate speech of pro choice rhetoric every day? I think their words and actions make anti abortion violence look pitifully small.

      In the meantime, the vast majority of pro life folk will legally engage the community with acts of kindness and care for women in crisis pregnancies. We will continue to educate even angry pro choice folks with respectful dialogue about fetal development and justice for the unborn. We will spend our time and money to lovingly implore mothers to not kill their children and to know there are literally thousands of families who will adopt their baby. "For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong.”(1 Peter 3:17) ”Make sure that none of you suffers as a murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or a troublesome meddler;” (1 Peter 4:15)

      And we are convinced that Jesus Christ is calling Pastors across America to exhort their flocks to oppose the killing of so many children in America and around the world. This includes the killing of unborn children in their own churches, by abortion. “Judgment must first start with the household of God.” (1 Peter 4:17)

      We are at our best, when we love and serve our neighbor, instead of taking their lives. I think that is what it means to be redemptive, through the cross and love of Jesus Christ. I think this is what it means to being truly pro life. For it is truly better to overcome evil with good.