Research Project on the Orthodox Charismatic Movement

  • Fr. Timothy Cremeens
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Dear Brothers, Sisters in Christ and Friends:

      I am presently in the last year, God willing, of my PhD studies in
      Church History at Regent University. My dissertation is on "The
      Charismatic Movement in the Orthodox Church in the United States."

      The dissertation will be a historical survey of those Orthodox who
      were/are involved in this movement as well as a theological/cultural
      analysis of why the Charismatic Movement never met with kind of
      success in the Orthodox Church as it did in the Roman Catholic or
      other mainline Protestant denominations.

      I am looking to interview, or receive testimonials, of Orthodox
      Christians who were/are participants in this Movement. I am
      interested in those who WERE/ARE Orthodox at the time of their
      involvement, NOT Charismatics who have SINCE converted to the
      Orthodox Faith. ALL NAMES WILL BE STRICTLY TREATED WITH ANONYMITY!
      (I think that is how you say it :)

      If you are interested in participating in this research, OR, know of
      someone who might be interested please contact me by e-mail at:
      timocre@regent. edu OR at 252-325-1605. I likewise welcome any
      thoughts or suggestions, offered in Christian kindness.

      Thank you,

      Father Timothy Cremeens

      PS: This is purely a research project and is in no way an endorsment
      of the Charismatic Movement, its theology or leaders.