Re: Guide for the Faithful in the "New Age"

  • vasilis_m21
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2006
      ¼ìùò üëá áõôÜ áêïýãïíôáé óáí éäåïëçøßåò. Ìåôáîý öèïñÜò êáé áöèáñóßáò.
      Êáëýôåñá íá âëÝðïõìå ùìÜ ôé ãßíåôáé, ãéá üëá ôá èÝìáôá.

      These all sound like obsessions. A state of being "in limbo". It is
      better to say bluntly what is happening, in all cases.
      Bill

      --- In Orthodoxia@yahoogroups.com, "massage_management"
      <massage_management@...> wrote:

      > The Antichrist will:
      >
      > Have flesh as a person
      > Be the 7th Buddha, the 'most perfect Buddha'
      > Be 'King of the Jews'
      > Call himself 'Christ'
      > Be the returning 'Christ' for the Muslims
      > Be the 'Christ' the transfigured for the Pentecostals
      > Be the 'Christ' of the second coming for the Jehovah Witnesses
      > finally
      >
      > Be the worst 'Hitler' ever
      > Be prepared by the Masons
      >
      > Use the bar code to enslave you
      >
      > Just as you have the Cross as your symbol, others have their own
      > [symbols]
      >
      > May God protect His flock, the 'New Jews', and give them courage to
      > withstand in the years to come.
      >
      > Most converts ought to be awed; some are still troubled
      >
      > Love your brothers and sisters like the 'Samaritan'; hate the
      > heresies, the distorted work of evil
      >
      > Manage your life; find a sincere Spiritual Father
      >
      > The number of converts are to increase exponentially; if you were
      > born Orthodox you have the moral responsibility to bow your head at
      > the work of the Holy Spirit
      >
      > Watch out for the 'ecumenists' who seek unification with the
      > Vatican; but be mindful as the Fathers say that the Church of
      Christ

    • Meni53@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2006
        In a message dated 5/1/2006 5:21:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, vasilis_m21@... writes:
        ¼ìùò üëá áõôÜ áêïýãïíôáé óáí éäåïëçøßåò. Ìåôáîý öèïñÜò êáé áöèáñóßáò. Êáëýôåñá íá âëÝðïõìå ùìÜ ôé ãßíåôáé, ãéá üëá ôá èÝìáôá.

        These all sound like obsessions. A state of being "in limbo". It is better to say bluntly what is happening, in all cases.
        Bill

                Διακριση χρειαζομαστε , και μετα,με τη βοηθεια του Θεου,  δυναμη να μεινουμε σταθεροι στην Πιστη.

               We need discernment and then the strenghth to endure,
        With God`s help and not to loose our Faith.
                  Melpomeni.

      • vasilis_m21
        Message 3 of 19 , May 1, 2006
          We do need discernment, for this reason we need well-defined answers
          from the clergymen who profess to serve the truth , not confused
          theories or speculations that resemble a fog, where we can't see
          what's happening. Neither misinterpretations that can induce
          a "personality breakdown".
          Bill

        • Meni53@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , May 2, 2006
            In a message dated 5/1/2006 3:26:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, vasilis_m21@... writes:
            We do need discernment, for this reason we need well-defined answers from the clergymen who profess to serve the truth , not confused theories or speculations  that resemble a fog, where we can't see what's happening. Neither misinterpretations that can induce
            a "personality breakdown".
            Bill

                       Christ is Risen Bill !
                  Discernment is a result of a long ,intense and consistent spiritual askesis. We strive for purification,but even if we manage to progress, it is not guaranteed to us knowledge and understanding.There is the concept in the Orthodox Teachings,of the "fullness of time " : " Kairos estin ". At that point ,whoever
            needs to know,whatever he needs to know ,he will know.And he will understand. By the work of the Holy Spirit.
            Even if we are given well defined answers and concepts now,or whenever we ask for them , it is not given that we will understand  and/or accept them.
              Take a look in Matthew,chapter 13,vs 10:
            "And the disciples came and asked Him: "Why to You speak to them in Parables? He answered and said to them:
            "Because,it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven,but to them,it has not been given.
            For whoever has,to him more will be given,and he will have abundance,but whoever does not have,even what he has will be taken away from him.
             Therefore I speak to them in Parables,because,seing they do not see and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand."
              (Matt 13 :10-13).
              Now why Christ would do that ? the answer is in verse 14 in the prophesy of Isaiah :
             " Hearing you will hear and shall not understand ,
            and seeing you will see and not perceive;
            For the hearts of people have grown dull.
            Their ears are hard of hearing;
            And their eyes they have closed,
            Lest they should understand
            with their hearts nd turn ,
            So that I heal them ".           (Matt.13:14).
             Take a look in our world today Bill, and see how much do we WANT to be healed, cleansed,purified in our hearts ,so that we can understand.Well defined and clear answers perceive only the ones who have a clean heart. Not that the our Clergy  "confuses us..." By the Grace of God,we understand what we are capable of understanding,depending on our receptivity and depending on the "Fullness of time".
            Quite often these things are :
            "...hidden from the wise and prudent and revealed to babies "
                ( Matt. 11:25).
            So, all we can do, is  to build our house on the rock of Faith ,and trust the Lord and His Church.
            "...the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house ; and it did not fall,for it was founded on the rock" ( Matt. 7 :25).
                   Melpomeni.

          • vasilis_m21
            Message 5 of 19 , May 3, 2006
              Hi Meni. He is Risen indeed.
              You do have a point. If someone is unable to perceive what's
              happening, the sole person to blame is his self . If we don't do what
              we can do, not even God will do this for us. We are free to choose
              among the options of light, darkness or fog!
              Bill

            • Meni53@aol.com
              Message 6 of 19 , May 3, 2006
                In a message dated 5/3/2006 5:37:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, vasilis_m21@... writes:
                Hi Meni. He is Risen indeed.
                You do have a point. If someone is unable to perceive what's happening, the sole person to blame is his self . If we don't do what we can do, not even God will do this for us. We are free to choose among the options of light, darkness or fog!
                Bill

                ...thus our tragedy Bill...we have to live with our choices...
                 Our free will is a blessing and a burden...
                      Melpomeni.
              • vasilis_m21
                Message 7 of 19 , May 7, 2006
                  Yes, indeed. In life the mistakes are heavily penalized. That's the
                  very thing.
                  Bill

                  > ...thus our tragedy Bill...we have to live with our choices...
                  > Our free will is a blessing and a burden...
                  > Melpomeni.

                • vasilis_m21
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 7, 2006
                    Ç áñ÷áßá åëëçíéêÞ ôñáãùäßá åß÷å áðïäüóåé ðïëý ðáñáóôáôéêÜ ôçí åõèýíç
                    ôïõ áíèñþðïõ ãéá ôï ôé ãßíåôáé, ìå ôéò åðéëïãÝò ôïõ. ÐïëëÝò öïñÝò
                    áêüìá êáé ç ÷ñéóôéáíéêÞ ëáôñåßá öáßíåôáé íá Ý÷åé äáíåéóôåß óôïé÷åßá
                    áðü ôï áñ÷áßï èÝáôñï, üðùò ï ×ïñüò, ï êïñõöáßïò ôïõ ÷ïñïý êëð.
                    Ç "Áíôéãüíç" ôïõ ÓïöïêëÞ Þôáí Ýíá ÷áñáêôçñéóôéêü ðáñÜäåéãìá. Ç
                    Áíôéãüíç ìå áõôÜ ðïõ ëÝåé áêïýãåôáé óáí Ýíáò èçëõêüò ×ñéóôüò, áêüìá
                    áíþôåñç êáé áðü ôïí ÓùêñÜôç. Ï ÓïöïêëÞò ìïéÜæåé óáí íá Ý÷åé ðÝóåé óå
                    ìßá Ýêóôáóç êáé åêöñÜæåé áîßåò áéþíéåò, ðïëý ìðñïóôÜ áðü ôçí åðï÷Þ
                    ôïõ. Ôï "Ïýôïé óõíÝ÷èåéí, áëëÜ óõìöéëåßí Ýöõí"- äåí ãåííÞèçêá ãéá íá
                    ìéóþ áëëÜ ãéá íá áãáðþ, ï Êïììüò üðïõ ç Áíôéãüíç óõíçäçôïðïéåß üôé
                    ðïñåýåôáé óôï ìáñôýñéï êáé üôé åðÝëåîå íá ìçí æÞóåé "Þóõ÷á" üðùò ïé
                    Üëëïé. Ç óôÜóç ôïõ ÊñÝïíôá, ðïõ äåß÷íåé üôé ç êïóìéêÞ åîïõóßá äåí
                    åíäéáöÝñåôáé êáèüëïõ ãéá "èÝìáôá ðßóôåùò"- ìáêÜñé íá ôï èõìüíôïõóáí
                    áõôü üóïé äéáññõãíýïõí ôá éìÜôéá ôïõò üôáí áêïýí ãéá ×ùñéóìü
                    Åêêëçóßáò ÊñÜôïõò êáé æçôïýí íá áíáãñÜöåôáé ôï èñÞóêåõìá óôéò
                    ôáõôüôçôåò.
                    Ï Åõñéðßäçò ðÜëé óôç ÌÞäåéá, óôï öéíÜëå, óïêÜñåé ðåñéãñÜöïíôáò ðþò Ç
                    ÌÞäåéá óêïôþíåé ôá ðáéäéÜ ôçò êáé ìåôÜ ôï åéäå÷èÝò Ýãêëçìá öåýãåé ìå
                    Ýíá ðýñéíï Üñìá ìå äñÜêïíôåò, óáí íá Þñèå ï äéÜâïëïò íá ôçí ðÜåé óôïí
                    ¢äç. ºóùò ï Åõñéðßäçò èÝëåé íá ìáò äåßîåé ôçí áðïôñüðáéá ðñÜîç óáí
                    ðáñÜäåéãìá ðñïò áðïöõãÞ, áëëÜ êÜíåé åíôýðùóç ôï üôé óõó÷åôßæåé ôï
                    Ýãêëçìá ìå äáéìïíéêÞ ðíåõìáôéêüôçôá.

                    I had appreciated a lot ancient greek Tragedy for teaching us how our
                    choices, right or wrong, make us responsible for what is happening. I
                    do believe that Christian worship has "borrowed" elements from
                    ancient greek Tragedy. Like the chorus, etc.
                    As a matter of fact, I had liked so much "Antigone" of Sophocles that
                    she sounded to me like a female Christ, even superior to Socrates.
                    Sophocles sounds as though he has fallen in ecstasy and he expresses
                    truths of eternal value, so much ahead of the times. Antigone says "I
                    was not born to hate but to love", the dramatic extract where
                    Antigone mourns before her martyrdom, and realises she did not choose
                    to live "peacefully" like the others. The stance of Creon, that shows
                    that secular authority does not care about issues of faith. Those who
                    get indignant about the separation of State-Church, those who want
                    religious affiliations to be declared on identity cards should bear
                    this in mind.
                    Euripides, in the ending of "Medea" sounds really shocking, in the
                    narration of Medea killing her children and after the repulsive crime
                    departs in a chariot with snakes, it sounds as though the devil came
                    to take her to Ades. Perhaps Euripides wants to describe this act as
                    an example to avoid. The thing is that he associates crime with
                    demonic influence.

                  • Meni53@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 9, 2006
                      In a message dated 5/7/2006 4:16:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, vasilis_m21@... writes:
[...]

                             Ενδιαφερον μυνημα Βασιλη ! Δεν σου θυμιζει η Αντιγονη τις
                      Μυροφορες ? Να το καλεσμα για ολους μας , να γινουμε Μυροφορες,Ιωσηφ ο Αριμαθαιας και Νικοδημος...
                       Οσο για το χωρισμο Εκκλησιας και κρατους,πιστευω οτι αυτο ειναι μια δικαιολογια -αφορμη για ανοιχτη επιθεση κατα της Εκκλησιας.
                            Μελπομενη

                    • vasilis_m21
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 10, 2006
                        Hi Meni. There exist ancient orthodox churches depicting Sophocles,
                        Euripides, Socrates as Saints. The people who illuminate others have
                        elements of sanctity. Antigone also reminds me of what St Paul said "
                        Love never faileth". Ç áãÜðç ïõäÝðïôå åêðßðôåé. So, if someone
                        behaves improperly, it shows lack of love- it wouldn't fade out so
                        easily if it truly existed.
                        Bill

                        > Ενδιαφερον μυνημα Î'ασιλη ! Î"εν
                        σου θυμιζει η

                      • Meni53@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 10, 2006
                          In a message dated 5/10/2006 4:58:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, vasilis_m21@... writes:

                          The people who illuminate others have elements of sanctity.

                                  Στοιχεια αγιοτητας  που η θεια Προνοια επετρεψε να εκδηλωθουν. Αν και οι Ιουδαιοι ηταν ο διαλεγμενος λαος και προετοιμαστηκε  για να δεχθει πρωτος τον Μεσσια, εν τουτοις o Ελεημονας Θεος δεν αφησε κανενα απο τα πλασματα Του χωρις φροντιδα και καθοδηγηση.
                          Εγραψε στις καρδιες τους , στη συνειδηση τους, στοιχεια απο το Νομο Του. Τον λεγομενο "Φυσικο Νομο" .
                             Μελπομενη.

                        • vasilis_m21
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 10, 2006
                            After all, Christ is "the True Light which lighteth every man that
                            cometh into the world". The true light that enlightens and
                            sanctifies every person that comes into the world. Because the
                            Spirit blows where it chooses. God's spirit may overshadow and
                            illumine a Buddhist or Protestant without asking for our opinion! We
                            are not the ones who will indicate to God how He thinks and how He
                            works.
                            Bill

                          • Meni53@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 11, 2006
                              In a message dated 5/11/2006 2:28:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, vasilis_m21@... writes:
                              God's spirit may overshadow and illumine a Buddhist or Protestant without asking for our opinion! We are not the ones who will indicate to God how He thinks and how He
                              works.
                              Bill

                                     Σωστα ! φερνοντας τους ομως κοντα στο Χριστο ,την "Οδο ".

                                    Indeed Vasili,as long as they become then anchored to Christ, Who is the "Way ".
                                       Melpomeni.
                            • Yannis Tsoucas
                              Message 14 of 19 , May 11, 2006
                                Who has the Spirit of God is coming to God, but how and when this up to the Holy Spirit, therefore I would not put even the

                                "...as they become then anchored to Christ..."

                                I am not saying here that there is another way to God than the one of the Lord Jesus Christ.
                                Jesus Christ said: "I am the way and the truth and the life".
                                I only want to say, that I am not the person who is putting limits to the Spirit of God.

                                Yannis

                                Meni53@... έγραψε:
                                In a message dated 5/11/2006 2:28:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, vasilis_m21@... writes:
                                God's spirit may overshadow and illumine a Buddhist or Protestant without asking for our opinion! We are not the ones who will indicate to God how He thinks and how He
                                works.
                                Bill

                                       Σωστα ! φΡρνοντας τους ομως κοντα στο Χριστο ,την "Οδο ".

                                      Indeed Vasili,as long as they become then anchored to Christ, Who is the "Way ".
                                         Melpomeni.

                                Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!

                              • vasilis_m21
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 11, 2006

                                   "Inspired guesses" and false interpretations will collapse under their own weight, sooner or later. No matter if they are presented in a "matter-of-factly" way. Biting off more than one can chew.... The more we delay to realize the truth, the more pain and  agony we are inflicting on us.

                                  Bill

                                • vasilis_m21
                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 11, 2006

                                    And as long as they can explain on what grounds they argue.

                                    Bill