Russia needs strong military says Orthodox church official

  • David-Constantine Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2008
      Russia needs strong military says Orthodox church official

      Warsaw (ENI). A senior official of the Russian Orthodox Church has made
      a scathing attack on Western countries and has said they should not
      impose their standards on other nations. "We should have a strong State
      and a strong military, for we would then have the will and ability to
      repel any invasion against our way of life and interests, and our
      ability to influence events developing in the world," said the Rev.
      Vsevolod Chaplin, deputy head of the Moscow Patriarchate's Department
      for External Church Relations. [460 words, ENI-08-0706]
      Forwarded by Rd. DC

      | Reader David-Constantine Wright |
      | constans_wright.tripod.com |
      | "God became Human so that human beings could become gods." |
      | ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |