Fw: Ancient Faith Radio News

  • Teresa A. Polychronis
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2008
      Ancient Faith Radio Newsletter----- Original Message -----
      From: Ancient Faith Radio
      Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:16 PM
      Subject: Ancient Faith Radio News

      July 31, 2008

      Fr. Daniel Byantoro Joins Ancient Faith Radio!!
      He grew up in Indonesia in a Muslim home but converted to Christianity as a young man. After several years as an Evangelical Christian, he discovered the Orthodox Church and is now a priest. He planted Orthodox parishes in his native country of Indonesia and now continues to speak all around the world representing Friends of Indonesia.

      In this new podcast, which starts on August 2, Fr. Daniel will teach each week about the person and identity of Christ. He is the Logos, the Word -- or in Arabic, Al Kalimat. Each episode is about half an hour long and will provide a rich diet of Bible study starting in the Gospel of John.
      Even more new podcasts on the way!
      Here is just a partial list of new podcasts that are in development and will be launched in the next month or two:

      The Coffee Cup Commentary with Fr. Lawrence Farley - based on his practical Conciliar Press Bible Commentary series, Fr. Lawrence will present a DAILY (Monday - Friday) teaching program which will be a perfect way to get into the Scriptures and learn.

      Spread the Word with Fr. Constantine Nasr - He will light a fire under you for evangelism, church growth, Orthodox unity, and outreach. He is the Economos at St. Elijah Antiochian Orthodox Church in Oklahoma City, a parish which chrismated 29 people in January 2008!

      Speaking of Books with Nicholas Chapman - Orthodox Christians love to read and Nicholas Chapman is no exception. He is the Managing Director of Orthodox Christian Books in the United Kingdom and the Executive Director responsible for Sales, Marketing, and Finance. He will review both Orthodox and non Orthodox books in a program that will update every other week.

      Singing the Triumphal Hymn with Fr. John Finley - In this bi-monthly feature, Fr. John will explore the depth and beauty of our worship and help us understand what we are doing in our services as well as teaching us about the various tones and traditions that have been passed down over time. Fr. John is part of the Missions and Evangelism Dept. of the Antiochian Archdiocese and an accomplished musician and composer in his own right.

      Again, this is just a partial list. There are 11 active new projects in the works right now!

      Orthodox Leaders Endorse AFR!
      In our last newsletter we shared just a few of the nice comments we have received from Orthodox leaders. Here are a few more:

      "The Orthodox Christian Mission Center (OCMC) is grateful to Ancient Faith Radio for its help in bringing Orthodox Christians across North America to a deeper understanding of the call to share the Christian faith with the world. By broadcasting interviews with missionaries serving abroad and highlighting the many programs of the OCMC, Ancient Faith Radio has played a significant role in engaging the faithful in the life-giving work of missions."
      Fr. Martin Ritsi
      Executive Director of OCMC

      "Ancient Faith Radio is a ministry that heralds very effectively the Great Commission of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Pastorally, theologically and spiritually Ancient Faith Radio promulgates the salvific Gospel of Christ in a very sensitive and contemporary manner. How fortunate we are to be recipients of this welcomed Diakonia."
      Rev. Nicholas C. Triantafilou, President
      Hellenic College and Holy Cross Seminary

      "I hope you'll allow me to say a few words about Ancient Faith Radio. I am a firm believer in utilizing the media for evangelism and educating people about our Orthodox faith. Ancient Faith Radio is an excellent example of taking the opportunities that are offered to us to bring Orthodoxy to America, and they bring to us some of the most most pious and brilliant figures in Orthodoxy into our churches and our homes. I encourage all of you not only to listen to the programs of Ancient Faith Radio but to offer your support to the people that offer this service, to the best of your ability."
      +Bp. THOMAS
      Antiochian Archdiocese
      Diocese of Charleston, Oakland and the Mid-Atlantic

      "Nearly everywhere I go I hear about the appreciation that is evident for Ancient Faith Radio. With listeners all over the world, this dynamic ministry is evangelizing, teaching, encouraging and admonishing the faithful to be more like Christ and to be an active part of where He is at work in the world today. Thank God for Ancient Faith Radio!"
      Charles Ajalat
      Chancellor, Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

      Free Parish Audio Player
      Ancient Faith Radio would like to provide a free customized Parish Radio Player to any parish requesting it! We will record a custom greeting for your parish's website which will be followed by the streaming of Ancient Faith Radio. There is no charge for this player, and we only ask that the parish priest send us an email requesting the custom player and provide a short script that you would like us to read.

      Speaking the Truth in Love
      If you have not discovered this relatively new treasure in our podast family you are really missing something! Fr. Tom Hopko is one of the premier Orthodox theologians in our country and he is recording a regular teaching podcast for Ancient Faith Radio every week (or more!). Each lesson is about 30 - 45 minutes long and it is well worth the investment of your time. Subscribe for free on line and tell a friend!

      Help us meet our August goal
      It is such a joy and privilege to provide this global media service for the Church. We are thrilled with the response by mail, email, and in person. One Orthodox priest told us just last week that "Ancient Faith Radio has changed my life and my parish for the better!" Thanks be to God.

      If you would be able to help us meet our August goal of $10,000, we would be so grateful. As we grow, our expenses grow, which tells us this ministry is making an impact. You can give a one time gift or make a monthly commitment when you go to our SUPPORT page. As we often say, please don't sacrifice your giving to your parish or missionaries to support Ancient Faith Radio!

      Your brother and sister in Christ,

      Manage your subscription