+Benjamin's letter to Alaskan clergy and faithful

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2008
      http://www.ocanews.org/news/BenhaminletteronAlaska7.4.08.htm

      Diocese of Alaska
      The Orthodox Church in America

      The Right Reverend BENJAMIN
      Bishop of San Francisco and the West
      Administrator of the Diocese of Alaska

      July 3, 2008

      To the Very Reverend and Reverend Clergy and Faithful of the Diocese
      of Alaska:

      In the interest of financial transparency and to respond to a recent
      memorandum, I wish to share with you information I received from the
      First National Bank of Alaska:

      EXISITING LOANS FOR THE DIOCESE OF SITKA AND ALASKA

      Loan Number Net Payoff as of 6/27/08 / Collateral

      *******45 $212,135.24
      LT 6 BLK 110 Original Townsite of Anchorage

      *******19 $112,605.90

      LT 6B St. Innocent Subdivision

      *******46 $218,842.44 Tract A & L
      US Survey 404

      *******38 $363,341.68 Unsecured – Assignment of Escrow 52767779 as
      abundance of caution

      The total net payoff for the loans of the Diocese of Sitka and Alaska
      amounts to $906,925.26.

      One wonders why anyone would say otherwise.

      These and other financial matters will be discussed with the Diocesan
      Council at a meeting that has been called for August 12 at 10:00 a.m.
      at the St. Innocent Cathedral in Anchorage. I can assure you all that
      we will address the diocesan indebtedness and management of the
      Church's assets along with many other important matters.

      The tradition of our Church encourages us not to cast blame on others
      in the hope of self-justification, but to ask for God's forgiveness
      for our failures and thank Him for whatever success we may have in
      the management of what ultimately belongs to Him. I would ask you all
      to pray for the peace of the diocese and for the welfare of Bishop
      NIKOLAI who is, as I understand it, in Australia.

      Asking God's blessing upon you all, I am,

      +Benjamin
      Bishop of San Francisco and the West
      Administrator of the Diocese of Alaska

      --- End forwarded message ---