Orthodox Christian Chamber of Commerce

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2004
      http://www.orthodoxchamber.com/index.php

      http://www.orthodoxchamber.com/policies.php
      The Orthodox Christian Chamber of Commerce is now officially launched.
      We are currently hacking through the detailed and arduous task of
      programming the interface and search functions. We welcome your questions,
      comments, and ideas. We know that AS IS, the value of membership is
      undeniable, but striving toward excellence, we will continue to expand and
      improve the benefits and services. We NEED your help, too. Please help us
      pass the word around.

      The Orthodox Christian Chamber of Commerce is a volunteer membership
      organization. Like any conventional chamber of commerce, the primary goal
      is to aid in networking and cooperation amongst the members. Furthermore,
      we are committed to actively promoting the business endeavors of our
      membership through education, advertisement, b2b resources, discount
      programs, etc. Anyone who considers himself or herself to be Orthodox
      Christian and is engaged in business (either as an owner or an agent of a
      company, large or small) is encouraged to join.

      Also, consistent with the precedence set by chambers of commerce throughout
      various communities in North America, membership is also open to non-profit
      organizations and individuals.

      To qualify as a ministry recipient of funds from the OCCC, however, the
      ministry must be endorsed by an official Orthodox Church. We make no
      pretense, as a BUSINESS Fellowship, to solve the various issues of
      controversy that are best left up to theologians and our God-appointed
      bishops. May He grant them wisdom! Our focus is to do our part to further
      the work of God in our personal and professional lives, our families, our
      churches, and our world, by being responsible and generous stewards of the
      resources He has bestowed upon us.

      Initially, ONE HALF of the funds received in membership dues will be
      donated by the OCCC to the approved charities and ministries, as designated
      by the individual members. If t he portion to be donated is changed, for
      whatever reason, members will be informed BEFORE any new dues are received.

      Membership dues might be tax-deductible as a business expense, NOT as a
      charitable donation. Funds are awarded to the participating ministries by
      the OCCC on behalf of the membership.

      If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
      http://www.orthodoxchamber.com/contact.php

      http://www.orthodoxchamber.com/policies.php