FW: The Orthodox Bookstore

  • Rev Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2008
      FYI

      _____

      From: The Orthodox Bookstore
      Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 6:38 PM
      To: OrthodoxNews-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: The Orthodox Bookstore

      Dear Group Moderators (Your Eminences, Your Graces, Fathers, Brothers, and
      Sisters),

      I would like to introduce myself to those of you who don?t know me. My name
      is Mark Sedrak, and I am a Coptic Orthodox Christian. I too am a group
      moderator ( <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/marksedrak/>
      years, and because of the growth, I needed to move it to a more organized
      forum. So, in 2003, I created the Mark Sedrak Yahoo group which has about
      2500 members! In addition to the mailing distribution, I have been actively
      serving the Coptic community for the last 17 years in various youth
      ministries in the Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Los Angeles.

      Furthermore, I received a Master?s degree in Theology from the Pope Shenouda
      Coptic Orthodox Theological Seminary. While studying there, my love for
      patrology was cultivated, and by God?s grace grew tremendously.

      As part of my service, I have been involved in setting up quite a few
      bookstores and libraries for various parishes and the diocese. I specialize
      in developing the patristic segments of the libraries/bookstores. I am also
      frequently queried about writings of the fathers. In an effort to spread the
      teachings of the fathers, I have recently opened up an online bookstore (
      <http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/>
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com). Therefore, I am kindly asking you
      permission to post a link to my bookstore to your respective groups, and to
      permit me to periodically send a message. I also hope that you may allow me
      to serve the educational needs of your parishes, dioceses, and groups.

      In order to spread the teachings of the fathers, I will try to run a monthly
      special that will focus on one of the writings of the fathers. In addition
      to this, I am working on developing a reading program for children. This
      program may not necessarily be focused on the church fathers, but it will be
      a program that will focus on instilling Christian character, and encourage
      children to read.

      I ask that you pray for me and these projects. Also, if you have any
      particular books that you believe that I should carry, please let me know.
      Unfortunately, at the moment the bookstore is small, due to my limited time
      and finances, but God willing, the bookstore will grow.

      Mark Sedrak

      The Orthodox Bookstore

      <mailto:orthodoxbookstore@...> orthodoxbookstore@...