Mikheil Saakashvili attends groundbreaking ceremony of church

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      http://www.messenger.com.ge/issues/1557_february_29_2008/1557_press_scanner.html

      "President Mikheil Saakashvili attends groundbreaking ceremony of
      church in Adjara"

      Sakartvelos Respublika reports on the February 27 groundbreaking
      ceremony for the St. Andrew I church in the western border town of Sarpi.

      At the ceremony President Mikheil Saakashvili promised locals the
      church would be finished within a year.

      "I personally will oversee the building of this church, and we will
      take care of the financial issues. Very soon Georgia will have
      another beautiful Orthodox church," Saakashvili said.